Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
couple of weeks ago I had a minivan pull right in front of me. he was sitting at a stop sign and the morning sun was behind me as I came up to him. He said he never saw me. pulled ou when i was about 20 ft. from him. I t-boned the minivan. It was totaled but my jeep only had a couple of scratches in the paint on my warn bumper. They are tough.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Glad everyone was ok. Yeah jeeps hold up very, very well in crashes! I was in my friends 2010 4door when we were tboned by a surburban going ~55 mph. Jeep was totalled but my friend who was driving and got hit on his side had zero injuries and myself on the passenger side had just a few bruises. Do you have any pics? :wavey:

·
Registered
134 Posts
I rear ended someone due to slick road condition. I didn't have an aftermarket bumper at the time, just my stock ones on the TJ. Only damage to mine was a bent license plate. Here's the damage to the Mustang. so I can just imagine what the damage would've been if I had hit it with my "newly" installed stinger bumper.

·
Registered
367 Posts
AirWick said:
I rear ended someone due to slick road condition. I didn't have an aftermarket bumper at the time, just my stock ones on the TJ. Only damage to mine was a bent license plate. Here's the damage to the Mustang. so I can just imagine what the damage would've been if I had hit it with my "newly" installed stinger bumper.
What brand is your stinger bumper? I don't think it would be that great in a collision.

·
Registered
134 Posts
What brand is your stinger bumper? I don't think it would be that great in a collision.
I actually got it from a friend and I think I recall him saying it's the Olympic Stinger bumper. It bolts on to the stock bumper. But to be honest with you though, I wouldn't want to know how it'll hold up in an accident for I don't want to be involved in another accident.

·
Registered
2001 Wrangler Sport
4,645 Posts
Stanton Tucker said:
Just curious to know, why wouldn't a stinger hold up in a collision? I have an ORFab one, I don't want to find out from experience obviously.

·
Registered
2001 Wrangler Sport
4,645 Posts
Stanton Tucker said:
Unless they are mounted to the frame there is just too much leverage against them in the case of a collision.
So if its a whole piece like mine, it would be better than one that is bolted onto the bumper yes?

·
Registered
2001 Wrangler Sport
4,645 Posts
This is my bumper. It's an ORFab, it's held to the frame like the oem bumper but upgraded to grade 8 hardware.

View attachment 179739

Don't flame on the fog light set up, it's like that until I get a winch and find a way to rig them up.

·
Registered
367 Posts
JVLemur said:
This is my bumper. It's an ORFab, it's held to the frame like the oem bumper but upgraded to grade 8 hardware.

Don't flame on the fog light set up, it's like that until I get a winch and find a way to rig them up.
Looks good man.. We have very similar rigs :)...
But your stinger is just like mine with no braces to the frame.. I want to fab something up in the shop to beef it up

·
Registered
2001 Wrangler Sport
4,645 Posts
Stanton Tucker said:
This one however, has the braces to the frame. These would stand a chance unlike mine
Ah I see what you mean now. I'm sure that thing will take almost anything on.

·
Registered
367 Posts
JVLemur said:
Ah I see what you mean now. I'm sure that thing will take almost anything on.
If I figure something out in the shop ill send you my ideas of making it more sturdy if you would like..
All aside, I LoVe the way stingers look anyway! Ha

·
Registered
2001 Wrangler Sport
4,645 Posts
Stanton Tucker said:
If I figure something out in the shop ill send you my ideas of making it more sturdy if you would like..
All aside, I LoVe the way stingers look anyway! Ha
That would be great eventually after done with school this TJ will retire to a trail rig only.
I do too, even at my stock height with just 31x10.5 Dtracs it gets attention.

·
Registered
367 Posts
JVLemur said:
That would be great eventually after done with school this TJ will retire to a trail rig only.
I do too, even at my stock height with just 31x10.5 Dtracs it gets attention.
Likewise haha I love it!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts