Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As anyone tried out the new powerplant winch from warn? Because with it being brand new I'm skeptical, and also it looks absolutely massive. But is the size worth it, or is it not even that big in the first place?

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes this is the one and im just looking at the 100lb one, so im guessing by your reply that it is worth it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
my buddy's dad has one on his two door I asked him about it because i like it. he said the thing is sweet. he does alot of river running to never had a problem with it.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I have the HD - works great.

Not sure why they say the HD is heavier then the HP as the only obvious difference is the winch wire used and the gearing. I use a synthetic line so I dropped the heavy cable (20 pounds) and roller fairlead (10 pounds).

·
Registered
167 Posts
The PowerPlant is not new; it’s been out for several years now. I bought mine when they did first come out and still have it and have had no problems with it. The main reason I bought it was because of the integrated compressor so no need to go through the hassle of mounting and wiring up a stand alone air compressor. As far as airing up tires it is extremely fast and easy to use. Yes it is expensive but if you subtract the cost of a stand-alone compressor and related parts it not so bad after all.
:)

·
Registered
291 Posts
I've had the power plant since it came out in early 07. It was in the salt belt (Ohio) for a couple years and its now going on its third JK on the westcoast.

Its always worked and saved my butt more than once. I use the air compressor the most of course.:thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts