Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
'94 Wrangler YJ
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

It's time for a bumper/winch setup. I like what I see in Warn, I just need to choose a bumper. The Warn Elite tucks the winch in nicely, but looks like they only make them for JL's, JT's etc.

Has anyone installed a bumper made for a JK/JL/JT on a YJ or TJ? How different are the front frames on these? What kind of modifications would it take?

Thanks in advance,
Speed

PFA:
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Grille Vehicle

·
Premium Member
'94 Wrangler YJ
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If thats the bumper, my concern would be the width vs the width of a YJ, otherwise a welder will most likely be needed for the modification ou'll need to do, probably more work than it's worth, best if you can fine a 4x4 shop with some choices in stock, so you can measure etc to get an idea how much work is actually involved. Maybe a YJ owner will chime in with one of these or offer some advice on a good substitute. Good luck!!
My question: How different are the front frames on these? What kind of modifications would it take?

With this InterWeb thingy, I can look at a hundred different designs, vs. 3 or 4 at a local shop. I have literally looked at a 100 or more bumper setups. I like the Warn Elite, and I have my own shop, welder, drill presses, etc... just trying to understand the front frame.

Speed

·
Premium Member
'94 Wrangler YJ
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is helpful... sort of. If the dimensions of front frame are similar, I could possibly fab up some brackets. Thanks for this.

Speed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts