Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,015 Posts
I think @283 YJ has made a winch mount that drops the winch out of the air flow through the grill opening. If you search his posts you might get some ideas. It might be more cost effective to have something fabricated than to buy an expensive bumper and pay to have it modified. Take some pics of what you want along with your Jeep to a welding/fabrication shop for a bid. Better to have the current bumper & winch off when you take it for a bid.

Keep us updated on what you do and what you end up with.

Good Luck, L.M.

Reactions: armyvet25

·
Super Moderator
15,015 Posts
This won't likely help speedthing but here they are. That's a Warn bumper that I bought used and had powdercoated. The winch and winch plate are Harbor Freight. I had to rat tail out the winch plate mounting holes a bit to get the winch plate to bolt to my frame (so much for a "universal" fit. I also had to drill holes in the top of the bumper to accommodate the front winch bolt heads. Since the front of the winch plate sits on top of the bumper, I had to shim the back bolts so that the winch plate would sit level. I used grade 8 bolts and washers rather than the problematic torx head bolts that the factory uses.
I don't have any pics of the front of the frame without the bumper and winch if that's what you're asking about.

Good Luck, L.M.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts