Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking seriously at this winch with WIRE rope for a 2012 2dr JK.

Qestions: Do you own one? Whould you purchase one again and why?

Would you go bigger? What would you do different?

thanks.

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
I have a 12' 2dr JK and use an M8000 with a wireless remote.

8000lbs is plenty for a 2dr. Use a snatch block and you will not need anything larger. And you cannot beat a Warn.

·
Registered
593 Posts
X2.

If you want a winch for those just in case scenarios. Something dependable, solid... which means American made..... Look no further.
The Zeon and other higher priced models are unnecessary. If you just need basic winch... M8000 is it.

I was going to go synthetic, but the price and extra maintenance wasn't worth it for me. If you use it frequently, go right ahead if you can afford it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
X2.

If you want a winch for those just in case scenarios. Something dependable, solid... which means American made..... Look no further.
The Zeon and other higher priced models are unnecessary. If you just need basic winch... M8000 is it.

I was going to go synthetic, but the price and extra maintenance wasn't worth it for me. If you use it frequently, go right ahead if you can afford it.
Yeah, it will be a Warn. Just curious if it was enough and if anyone would upgrade if they had to do it over again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 12' 2dr JK and use an M8000 with a wireless remote.

8000lbs is plenty for a 2dr. Use a snatch block and you will not need anything larger. And you cannot beat a Warn.
That looks like the winch/class 4 receiver combo. Do you have receivers on the front and rear of your Jeep, or just the rear?

·
Registered
503 Posts
I had one on my TJ. Never used it for recovery of myself, but used it around the house a lot. I will buy another one for my JK. While not on the level of an 8274, it's a proven winch.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Iv been using kone on my 6000lb JKU for the last 4 years now and it is just verly enough winch for it. For a stockish 2 door I wouldn't see having any issues with it. Especially is you use snach blocks.
The proof reading is weak in this post.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I have one now on my present had one on the jeep before this one. I have amazed even myself on what I have been able to pull out. I did replace my cable with rope 3 years ago. My buddy replaced his cable 8 years ago and it still pulls like new.
For me the M8000 is the best winch mine has been submerged to many times to count. I just pulled out a guy that was running his mouth about how much more powerful his Quadrtrac winch was but it got wet and would not work..
I have pulled out loaded down Suburbans. And if I ever need parts 5 years from now they will be available.

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
That looks like the winch/class 4 receiver combo. Do you have receivers on the front and rear of your Jeep, or just the rear?
I have receivers on front and back.
I had a receiver sleeve welded to a 3/8" steel plate and bolted to where the winch would be bolted to on my Mopar Offroad winch mount Bumper. It is hidden behind the license plate and Mopar winch omit cover.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts