Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a guy in our jeep club is selling a warn M8000 winch with steel rope for $350. will this be sufficient enough to pull my jeep? my 2001 Sahara, 4.0, 4.25" combo lift with 33x12.50r15 bfg km2's.

he hasn't responded yet about how long he's had it, how many times its been used, of price is negotiable, if theirs anything wrong stuff like that. just wanted to see if it was worth me looking at it as its a 8K and im not sure if it will pull me or not, as I know the 9K will. thanks in advance guys

http://www.gowarn.com/prodDetail.as...4PoHUHCrCn2hY1MJkHM9UspOLNxz5IgxU6BoC6wLw_wcB

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks! I just don't wanna spend $300-350 on a winch that might struggle or not pull me if I get stuck ya know. when for almost the same price I can buy a 9K one I know will pull me out.

·
Registered
482 Posts
It is the perfect winch for your Jeep and a great price. I suggest you buy it.
If you don't want it, I would be interested. lol

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is the perfect winch for your Jeep and a great price. I suggest you buy it. If you don't want it, I would be interested. lol
awesome thanks bud! I just wanted to make sure it would be good enough, as you don't hear to many people saying they have a 8K winch. mostly 9 or 10K winch.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,405 Posts
8,000 to 9,500 lbs. of winching capacity has long been the most recommended range of winch sizes for a TJ. That Warn M8000 is a popular and great winch, you'll love it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have the same one and love it

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
8,000 to 9,500 lbs. of winching capacity has long been the most recommended range of winch sizes for a TJ. That Warn M8000 is a popular and great winch, you'll love it.
thanks jerry! as long as it has the jerry approval stamp im for sure getting it!

I have the same one and love it
great to know bud thanks!

It got the Jerry Stamp of Approval. Go Forth!!!
lol same thing I was thinking

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm not so sure I'd trust that it'll still be available by then, good deals attract buyers. That's something I'd go for asap. :)
it's posted in a small jeep club im part of an has been for sale since the beginning of March. im waiting on him to go home this weekend to test if it still works then if it does I told him I'll pick it up from him.

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
hopefully it works. That's a good find. most people around here want new prices for used M8000's.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks man an I know, hopefully I'll get it for $300 an it works. he used it about 10 times over the last 2 years

·
Registered
656 Posts
Even if it doesnt work, except for a motor issue Id snag it. And if it doesnt work (again except for motor failure) offer him less and see if he bites!

As i mentioned earlier, parts (except for motor which new one can be found for $125) are cheap to replace.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Even if it doesnt work, except for a motor issue Id snag it. And if it doesnt work (again except for motor failure) offer him less and see if he bites! As i mentioned earlier, parts (except for motor which new one can be found for $125) are cheap to replace.
that's the plan, and I'll get it for even cheaper if theirs an issue. I plan to buy it if it works or not! thanks for all the input guys

1 - 20 of 20 Posts