Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a Warn Stubby Rock Crawler Bumper off of Craigslist this morning and other than some scratches its in pretty good shape, plus I got a great deal compared to buying from Quadratec or Amazon.

However, the person I got it from didn't know if they had all the parts and the instructions online lists the parts as "Hardware Kit" which is far from helpful.

Any chance anyone here has done this install recently enough to remember what parts came with the kit? If I can find any help here I'll call Warn on Monday morning to see if that can be of any assistance.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I sat down with the online instructions and apparently I was only missing 1 lock washer.

I started putting the bumper on Sunday afternoon, but didn't finish before it got dark. Tried to finish Monday morning, but had to go to work before I could get all the bolts in so took the whole thing off and went to work bumper-less.

The "plan" was to finish this morning, but its raining so maybe tonight after work I will try again. If needed I will pull it under a popup awing to get out of the rain.

Currently the only problem I'm running into now is reaching the top inside bumper bolt. Pretty sure this is a big hand/wrong tool issue. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, how important are the lock washers? If I am missing 1 of them its doubtful that the whole bumper would fall off and since I have to pull it off in a few weeks to paint it I can replace the missing washer at that time, but wanted to see how important missing just one of the washers might be.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Also, how important are the lock washers? If I am missing 1 of them its doubtful that the whole bumper would fall off and since I have to pull it off in a few weeks to paint it I can replace the missing washer at that time, but wanted to see how important missing just one of the washers might be.

Nice choice, I would paint and get the washer 1st before installing. Thats just because id hate to take mine off and reinstall.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts