Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a Warn VR 10S for a couple weeks and just took it off road for the first time this weekend. I didn't need to use it while out but we did go through some water. Now today I washed my jeep off including the winch, I decided to test it out and it free spools, powers in, but will not power out.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Did you grab some one else's remote to make sure the switch somehow didn't malfunction? Take the control pack cover off and make sure the wires at both the control pack and motor end are connected? That's about all there is to it since you know the motor itself isn't fried...

·
Registered
8,906 Posts
My stock Warn winch on my 2011 Power Wagon was like that. One of the pins wasn't connected ------ I pulled it apart and put it together correctly.

·
Registered
266 Posts
The circuit box of its not water proof will rust the connectors. Happened to mine. Still haven't gotten into cleaning it up yet but it intermittently works and doesn't.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
904 Posts
mine is a 9.5 ctsi warn and the electrical bus bar gets wet and goes bad and its dead
put a volt meter on the pins and post your results.
good news is warn is really good about fixing them , mine has been done 2 times and no charges to me even though i know i submerged it more than should have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts