Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Below is my Warn 8000 winch that I bought used. It is missing the ground bolt, as seen in the pic. Does anyone know the size screw that I need to buy?

Attachments

·
Registered
646 Posts
size is M8 x 2.25 x 12MM (it's a short bolt). you will need a thrust and lock washer if you're gonna source it from the local hardware store. marine grade stainless steel or better would be ideal. you can check the warn website for replacement parts listing, but they go by serial number. just a heads up

·
Detail Oriented
3,174 Posts
CALL Warn. They can answer any questions you have in a usable manner. Like DaJeep said, the website can be frustrating if you do not know exactly what you are looking for. They might even provide you with an exploded view parts list so you can see exactly what you might be missing along with the part number to make online ordering easier - or to make shopping at Home Depot easier, whatever your case may be.

The call is free, so get on it, man! ;-)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for all the info. Called, but got someone that did not know how to look up parts. Will try again later.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Thanks for all the info. Called, but got someone that did not know how to look up parts. Will try again later.
you would think that with all the money they're raking in from us consumers in one shot they should be able to afford to put someone competent enough up to the task...smh. maybe the cust. service guy had the shits and went home early...?

·
Registered
71 Posts
size is M8 x 2.25 x 12MM (it's a short bolt). you will need a thrust and lock washer if you're gonna source it from the local hardware store. marine grade stainless steel or better would be ideal. you can check the warn website for replacement parts listing, but they go by serial number. just a heads up
It would be M8 x 1.25 if anything. I'm almost positive a 2.25 thread pitch doesn't exist. M8 x 1.25 is a very common size so that would probably be it.

·
Registered
646 Posts
It would be M8 x 1.25 if anything. I'm almost positive a 2.25 thread pitch doesn't exist. M8 x 1.25 is a very common size so that would probably be it.
i checked gowarn.com and it said 2.25. i know for my xd9000i it's the 1.25 because i had to replace that bolt before. but you are correct, the M8x1.25 is a more common size.

·
Detail Oriented
3,174 Posts
This confusion is exactly why I had earlier suggested the OP call Warn. However, it seems that Warn does not have phone jockeys who know. I was hoping he could get from them a PDF with an exploded view of all parts with part numbers so he could get whatever his winch was missing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts