Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
What's a good price to pay for a used 8000lb?
Its going to depend on the model. Spend 10 mins on craigslist and you will get an idea of the used market prices.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dextreme said:
since warn is so awesome, the year doesn't factor into the price to much. The model number is more important.
I think its a m8000 he said w8000 but i don't think that's a model

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
I bet 80% of them have less than 1hr. total use time :confused: Make sure you try it out with a pull.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dale 3 said:
I bet 80% of them have less than 1hr. total use time :confused: Make sure you try it out with a pull.
Like when I go buy.it hook it up to my jeep and try to tow myself?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
m8000s are very common, and can be had new for $500 or less so I'd make sure you're getting a good deal before taking the plunge. That said, if it's in good working order you should have yourself a very nice winch. I bought my Warn XD9000 used and couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
488 Posts
m8000s are very common, and can be had new for $500 or less so I'd make sure you're getting a good deal before taking the plunge. That said, if it's in good working order you should have yourself a very nice winch. I bought my Warn XD9000 used and couldn't be happier.

I've never seen an m8000 for under $500.....The VR8000 retails for $479.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I got a used XD9000i for $400 I would not pay more than half of what new is. So what ever the new price is, cut in half should be close.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Regular price no; but keep your eyes open for sales and rebates and they can be had for that. Search a bit and you'll find others who have.

Regardless, you're missing the point; make sure it's actually a good price for that particular used model.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok so I ended up buying a m8000 looks awesome great condition for 420$ and also got two tow hooks, warn winch mount, front stinger bumper, warn liscence plate cover winch isolator and a kilby steering box skid plate and a smittybilt cargo net.. Not bad if I say so myself.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Juhcohbee said:
Ok so I ended up buying a m8000 looks awesome great condition for 420$ and also got two tow hooks, warn winch mount, front stinger bumper, warn liscence plate cover winch isolator and a kilby steering box skid plate and a smittybilt cargo net.. Not bad if I say so myself.
I think you did good, can we see pics?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
geiman said:
Sounds like a good deal, winch looks pretty clean too. Congrats, it's hard to go wrong buying a Warn.
Ya I'm pumped, I hope she works I havnt tested it out yet

·
Registered
451 Posts
I don't see a wired winch remote control in the photo. Sometimes that is because the winch doesn't work (they can be tested with jumper cables and remote). Sometimes the PO just misplaced the remote. Did you get the remote or do you have to buy one?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
KaiserJeep said:
I don't see a wired winch remote control in the photo. Sometimes that is because the winch doesn't work (they can be tested with jumper cables and remote). Sometimes the PO just misplaced the remote. Did you get the remote or do you have to buy one?
I got the remote just not in the picture.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts