Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
They are and loved them (HID's). Light output is incredible and it's nice not to have to run wires through the firewall. Have seen the standard halogen ones and they're impressive as well.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Stupid question for ya! I have the lights bolted down, all wires run except for a small wire that you are supposed to splice into a 12 volt wire such as head light or battery. Where does that straggler go??

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Should be your idiot line.
Wire it to your running lights if you want to turn your off road lights on with the headlights off.

To battery or 12V Acc outlet thats live all the time if you want to turn your off road lights on with no key in the ignition.

To running lights is safer,kills power to the road lights off when you turn off the motor or daytime running lights.

Just keeps you from forgetting to turn them off and draining your battery.

LEAGALLY your suppossed to wire it to your highbeam but...eh.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Would you happen to have a picture of the wire it is spliced to? Does anybody have a pic of the wiring for there wireless lights, under the hood??

·
Registered
317 Posts
I was looking at these lights as well. I like the idea of a wireless remote. However, when I talked to a local 4x4 Jeep shop, they told me that they have had approx. 70% of these lights where individuals either did not end up liking the wireless or had problems with it and subsequently ended up hardwiring the lights to a switch....:confused:
At that point, I decided against them and went with the Rigid Duallys.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Being electrically challenged I am going to give them a try.
oh boy, me too. I have the rigid duallys wired straight to the battery at this time, cause I'm not electrically savy enough to get them wired to only work with the ignition.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
TrueNorth said:
Should be your idiot line.
Wire it to your running lights if you want to turn your off road lights on with the headlights off.

To battery or 12V Acc outlet thats live all the time if you want to turn your off road lights on with no key in the ignition.

To running lights is safer,kills power to the road lights off when you turn off the motor or daytime running lights.

Just keeps you from forgetting to turn them off and draining your battery.

LEAGALLY your suppossed to wire it to your highbeam but...eh.
So I have lights installed except for the idiot line! If I hook direct to battery is there any downside

1 - 20 of 21 Posts