Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im still looking for the right winch. Do you guys know anything about the new Warn Zeon winch? Is it top of the line Warn?

·
Registered
823 Posts
To answer your question, yes, Warn Zeon is a top of the line Warn product. At over $1,000, it sure as heck better be :rofl:

·
Registered
264 Posts
I put hands on it at SEMA, and it's all that! I wouldn't hesitate to spend the money on one!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Lawyers, guns, & money might help buy one of these nice winches.............
Thought the same thing - just the ticket for some Jungle Work!!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I don't get it. Is there something more to it than just a pretty winch?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Compare the specs to any other warn model, then look at the case design and aesthetics .... I think you'll find the Zeon is tits!

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have an M8000-S; it has pulled my 2-dr rubicon out of nearly anything you can imagine. Sticky swamp mud up to the doors, no issue over and over again. You can pick up one of those $1,000+ new winches but you're not not going to get some great incremental increase in functionality...Will it look great? Yes. Will it do anything more for the money? Doubt it.

Put your extra couple hundred bucks into something else.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Duffyc04 said:
I have an M8000-S; it has pulled my 2-dr rubicon out of nearly anything you can imagine. Sticky swamp mud up to the doors, no issue over and over again. You can pick up one of those $1,000+ new winches but you're not not going to get some great incremental increase in functionality...Will it look great? Yes. Will it do anything more for the money? Doubt it.

Put your extra couple hundred bucks into something else.
Really? That's an interesting ground level perspective, statistics do not support you.
When it comes to winches, you get what you pay for. Start reading purchase reviews.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
If I was going to go big, I'd go Powerplant. Having that compressor is pretty frickin' sweet sometimes.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm about 90% finished installing an LoD mid-width front bumper and a Zeon 10-S. Pretty much just need to spool on the rope and install the fairlead. Oh, and get the fogs back in. I'll try to post up some pictures when I'm done. They cut it plenty close on size. I have about 1/8" on each end to clear the bumper brackets on the frame rails, although LoD could give a bit more clearance by moving the winch 1/4" or so back toward the grill. But it does fit. LoD has to adjust the winch recess a bit from their standard fabrication for the Zeon since it's symetrical rather than offset like the other Warn winches. If you're putting it on a winch bumper with a recessed winch plate you'll want to check dimensions carefully.

·
Registered
235 Posts
cc4005 said:
I'm about 90% finished installing an LoD mid-width front bumper and a Zeon 10-S. Pretty much just need to spool on the rope and install the fairlead. Oh, and get the fogs back in. I'll try to post up some pictures when I'm done. They cut it plenty close on size. I have about 1/8" on each end to clear the bumper brackets on the frame rails, although LoD could give a bit more clearance by moving the winch 1/4" or so back toward the grill. But it does fit. LoD has to adjust the winch recess a bit from their standard fabrication for the Zeon since it's symetrical rather than offset like the other Warn winches. If you're putting it on a winch bumper with a recessed winch plate you'll want to check dimensions carefully.
Do you know if this Lod bumper would sit right with a warm m-8000. That Lod bumper is what I wanna get since its like perfect size.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Do you know if this Lod bumper would sit right with a warm m-8000. That Lod bumper is what I wanna get since its like perfect size.
If you mean will the M-8000 fit, it is my understanding that the standard LoD mid-width signature bumper will accept all the Warn winches except the Zeon. I'm not sure exactly what mods are made to accomodate the Zeon but I think it may be just making the cutout in the top plate larger and moving the mounting holes.

Chris a LoD is very helpful. Give him a call to be sure.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts