Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought 5 Pro Comp PCW97-5885F 15x8 steel wheels for my jeep. Had them kicking around for a while while my tires were on back order. I double checked the box part numbers and glanced at them when i took them to be mounted.

Fast forward to now and i did not get one of my wheels tightened and ended up screwing up the rim and wheel studs. Stupid mistake on my part and i ordered a new Pro Comp PCW97-5885F wheel and some new studs. But when i get the wheel it is the wrong series wheel they sent me a D-window version. But the seller made it right and i sent it back and they sent me a new one.

But then i went to put my spare on and i cant get the holes to line up. Then i notice it is a 6 lug rim not 5! so Pro Comp got not only 1 wheel i ordered wrong but they got 2 wheels out of 7 i ordered wrong! f&%$^@ Idiots!

So now i am having to replace a wheel that was boxed wrong and i hadn't even noticed was wrong until now. Because Pro Comp cant get their wheels in the correct boxes so now i am out $100 for a new rim and paying to have it remounted.

I recommend not buying wheels from these idiots but if you do check them over very carefully to make sure you get what you ordered. I will never buy Pro Comp wheels again after this.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
So you are blaming someone else because you never checked to see if you got what you ordered?

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you are blaming someone else because you never checked to see if you got what you ordered?

Mistakes happen i would have wrote it off if i had gotten one wheel boxed wrong but i got two. And what made it worse was the one i never noticed until i went to put it on was my spare. If i had needed it i would have been SOL because Pro Comp cant put wheels in the right boxes. And it was 2 completely different mistakes and one wheel was a completely different series. Their lack of quality control is astonishing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I ordered a set of Pro comp wheels last fall, after checking them, I found one had clearly been installed previously and returned. I contacted them and they replaced it quickly. great customer service, but yeah, this should not have happened in the first place....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts