Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 JK. For some time now the engine light has been on for the cat, no big deal, runs fine. I also get the notification that tire pressure is too low since I run my tires at 30. When going camping, or slow speeds for awhile I would always get the hot oil notification. And recently, I started getting the red light on the right of the dash on, and when this happened the tire pressure warning symbol would go away. Shortly after the red light (security?) would go away I would get the low tire pressure warnings again. Yesterday on my way home from work I got a flashing electronic throttle system light and a constant traction control light on with decreased throttle response and higher idle rpms, followed by no throttle response. I coasted into a parking lot, put it in park, throttle to the floor and only got a rough 200 rpm increase. Turned the engine off, waited for a minute while contemplating what to do, restarted Jeep and everything was fine on the way home. On the way into work, everything ran fine except I never got the low tire pressure warnings. Just went out to see if any lights did or didn't come on during start up and only got one low tire pressure warning instead of 5. I also get no codes after doing the key dance, goes straight from dashes to done. Any ideas? I'm overseas and I tell ya, the dealerships here rape you blind! :banghead: Also, if anyone knows how to turn off that darn over speed warning chime that'd be great! :beerme:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Updated: Drove into work a couple days later. Made a stop, went to restart Jeep and got a no start, just turning over with flashing Electronic Throttle flashing light. Finally got her started, running really rough, drove about 2 miles then complete engine shut off with constant traction control light and flashing electronic throttle light. Shut off, let it sit for about 5 minutes, restarted, been running fine since then. Knock on wood

1 - 2 of 2 Posts