Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Mine are the same way. Noticed it when I had to remove the plugs due to an unforcasted rain storm with no top on.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Friend of mine was complaining of the same on his Recon. The plugs wouldn’t stay in. So he gently straightened out the bent part so the plugs would fit and seal properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
810 Posts
They might do that on purpose, if the floorboard gets water and the driver doesn't remove the plug, it allows them to "leak" the water out because the plug won't fully seal. Just a guess..

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
They might do that on purpose, if the floorboard gets water and the driver doesn't remove the plug, it allows them to "leak" the water out because the plug won't fully seal. Just a guess..
It also gives you a point to get your finger under the lip of the plug. If you're keeping the plugs, I'd leave the bump there. If you're ditching the plugs and not looking back, pinch the bump down with a small set of pliers.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
It also lets water in because they don’t seal. In his case he went through some water and that forced the plugs out letting even more water in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
268 Posts
There is only one of my drain holes like that and it's on the front passenger side. I've always thought that it was from someone who bent it accidentally from the factory.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Glad to hear we have drain holes - this is my first jeep.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok heat gun and scraper is the way to go. Tried a few methods. Heat gun set to 900... Take out your trim so you don't melt it. Wave the gun back a forth, turn off gun, scrape. It came off like playdough. You can see my scratches at the front from trying other methods. Took 5 mins with the heat gun.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts