Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I know there are various threads on this topic, but I'm curious if there are any TRUE form fitting floor mats that really work on TJs. I got a set of Rugged Ridge mats (same as Quadratec Ultimate mats) for Xmas, but I'm totally disappointed in the fit. They are warped next to the trans tunnel. If I order a set of form fitting mats, they should be exactly that.....form fitting with no warping!!!! Otherwise, they seem like a good product, but poor manufacturing or shape. After digging around on the forum, I've seen other people with this same problem...guess I should have done more research.

My history with mats so far:

- Husky liners (don't like them.....no tread...too smooth)
- Rugged Ridge / Quadratec Ultimate: warped edges.....they need to fix that problem

So for now, I'm back to my $19 Sams Club mats, which at least don't have warped edges.

Any thoughts on Weathertech? Any other ideas? I'm really bummed about the Rugged Ridge mats......was really looking forward to them.

Mike

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
I have weathertech floor liners. They are hard plastic but they fit perfect.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I like the Weathertech but you have to put them on top of carpet so they don't slide (I didn't know that but it saved me some work. I was gonna tear all the carpet out).

·
Knows a couple things...
49,618 Posts
Use a heat gun set on its lowest temperature setting to make them fit better. A hair dryer might work too if you don't have a heat gun but you'll probably need the extra heat of a true heat gun for the job. A heat gun's highest heat setting may be too hot and melt the plastic if you're not careful.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I just got the quadratec mats for christmas also I think I'm gonna put some Velcro on the backside and see if they'll stick to the carpet

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Jerry.......I tried my heatgun on the mats before I posted......no change. I bought the full front/rear set, and even the rears had some warping that wouldn't correct. Based on some other pics I've seen on the forum, it's not an uncommon problem. I think alot of people just put up with it, but I'll just keep shopping or just be happy with my basic heavy duty generic Sams mats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts