Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new Rubicon and want a 2 inch to 2 1/2 inch lift. I would love it to be covered under the Chrysler warrantee. Is there any lift that they cover? I looked at MANY of the forum topics on this site and can't seem to find this answer.
Thanks a lot!
Tom

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
there are many many threads on this topic. it boils down to if a modification is the cause of the issue, they dont have to fix it. My axles are out of a 25 year old truck, so they obviously wont replace it if I break it. if my radio fails, they are fixing it.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
There is a MOPAR lift that your dealer can install. Keep this in mind though:

1) The lift would be covered under a DEALER WARRANTY, not your 3/36 from Chrysler.

2) Most dealers don't install lifts, so who knows if the guy installing yours has ever done it before.

3) Installing (or having it installed) a lift somewhere else only voids the factory warranty on THOSE parts. All the rest of your warranty remains in effect. If your heads cracked, they would be covered. If you radio goes on the fritz, it's covered. If your drive shaft dies, that would NOT be covered, since that is directly related to the lift.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a MOPAR lift that your dealer can install. Keep this in mind though: 1) The lift would be covered under a DEALER WARRANTY, not your 3/36 from Chrysler. 2) Most dealers don't install lifts, so who knows if the guy installing yours has ever done it before. 3) Installing (or having it installed) a lift somewhere else only voids the factory warranty on THOSE parts. All the rest of your warranty remains in effect. If your heads cracked, they would be covered. If you radio goes on the fritz, it's covered. If your drive shaft dies, that would NOT be covered, since that is directly related to the lift.
Oh, that makes sense.
Hopefully the transfer case and transmission, that are hooked to that drive shaft, are covered!
Thanks a lot for both of your replies!
StarBrite.....you lifted your Jeep right? Any second thoughts along this line?

·
Super Moderator
16,381 Posts
The lift doesn't void warranty unless somehow the dealer can prove the part you added is what caused another part to fail...

That said, guys are having really good luck with the dealer warranty when using the new 2" Mopar lift.

Here's the thread on it. Definitely recommended especially if you add control arm geometry correction brackets to the installation.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/mopar-2-inch-lift-77070088-with-fox-shocks-972321.html

·
Registered
127 Posts
I added the new Mopar 2 inch lift, 77070088. If you notice, if does not have the "P" in front of the parts number. In the parts catalog it states that Mopar warrantees this lift. I have the Max Care Lifetime Warrantee from Mopar, and before I bought it and had it installed, I called the Max Care number and they confirmed that as of Mid 2014 when this new lift came out, it was covered by warrantee, and would be covered by the Max Care plan. I haven't had any issue, so haven't had to test the warrantee, but per Mopar and Max Care, it's the only lift covered.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I called the dealer when I first purchased the jeep to inquire if a lift would void the warranty. They said a mopar lift done at the dealership would not void the warranty. How much was 2.5 inch lift at the dealer? $4500.00

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Oh, that makes sense.
Hopefully the transfer case and transmission, that are hooked to that drive shaft, are covered!
Thanks a lot for both of your replies!
StarBrite.....you lifted your Jeep right? Any second thoughts along this line?
Mike and I have both lifted our jeeps. I think they are awesome. :)

That being said, we bought them, knowing we were going to mod them, warranty be what it may. So far we have (knock on wood) not had any issues with the lifts or any warranty issues they could try to turn back on us BECAUSE of the lifts. Although I am pretty lucky. I've actually, since buying my jeep, made friends with the guys at the dealership. They like having someone that can tell them all the things they never hear from corporate. :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
I concur i had issues with my head unit and the dealership did even question that i pulled in on a 3.5 inch metal cloak lift. They replaced the unit and did a free oil change and tire rotation..

·
Registered
380 Posts
Mike and I have both lifted our jeeps. I think they are awesome. :) That being said, we bought them, knowing we were going to mod them, warranty be what it may. So far we have (knock on wood) not had any issues with the lifts or any warranty issues they could try to turn back on us BECAUSE of the lifts. Although I am pretty lucky. I've actually, since buying my jeep, made friends with the guys at the dealership. They like having someone that can tell them all the things they never hear from corporate. :D
Starbrite
So far I have only been to Arrigo in WPB for service and they are slow as hell. My area (your old stomping grounds) is in between all jeep dealerships. Any one you would recommend going to and any of them mod friendly?

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Starbrite
So far I have only been to Arrigo in WPB for service and they are slow as hell. My area (your old stomping grounds) is in between all jeep dealerships. Any one you would recommend going to and any of them mod friendly?
PM incoming. No dealer bashing allowed in open posts. :lmao:

·
Registered
127 Posts
I called the dealer when I first purchased the jeep to inquire if a lift would void the warranty. They said a mopar lift done at the dealership would not void the warranty. How much was 2.5 inch lift at the dealer? $4500.00
The Mopar 2" was $1500. Dealer instal Quotes I got were between $600 to $1000.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh man....this information helps a lot. Cleared up a few things in my scrambled mind. Thanks for the replies everyone!!

·
Registered
257 Posts
I could be wrong, but I seem to recall that 4wheel Parts offers a warranty to cover anything the dealer won't due to any lift purchased and installed by them. Might look into it, if there's one near you.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I could be wrong, but I seem to recall that 4wheel Parts offers a warranty to cover anything the dealer won't due to any lift purchased and installed by them. Might look into it, if there's one near you.
Been talking to them.....that would be nice. Thanks P78

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Any warranty that covers everything regardless of cause is going to be very expensive. Lift kits directly impact the reliability of suspension, steering and drivelines so they will often Chrysler warranty service on these systems to be denied. They do not void the whole warranty just the parts Chrysler or anyone else believes to be directly impacted by the lift.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts