Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am opening my back window the other day and I notice there is a little crack near the seam where the windows is slightly rounded on my back window. I have the premium soft top and was a bit surprised as I have owned many jeeps and never saw the window cracking this early in ownership.

Now I have only owned my jeep since October 2013 and it only has 6K miles on it so per the warranty book it is still under warranty which is 12K miles/1 year.

I bring it into the dealership and right away they are like we doubt this will be covered and Corp has to OK it but doubt they will. So I tell them go ahead and submit it and if it gets denied to have corp contact me direct.

So I go home and decide to email corp right away and let them know what is going on and let them know I am disappointed about my negative experience so far. They open a case and start emailing me for a bit more details and then call me and tell me I have nothing to worry about, they already called the dealer and told them to order the new window.

I am glad I was proactive, saved me a little time of fighting the dealer and going back and forth with them. I was really pissed off that they were so negative, not like we will fight to get this fixed for you, but just flat out we doubt this will be covered. One guy was even trying to place blame already saying something must have hit it to puncture it etc.

·
Registered
104 Posts
How do you get in contact with corporate? I would like ot have that information on hand if the situation ever arises. Glad you got it worked out.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Ive been a Ford guy for the last 14 years, never had any warranty issues but Im pleasantly surprised at how responsive chrysler corporate seems to be.

I know when I recently purchased my rubicon I filled out their online server, the experience was less than stellar and I was just being honest. The next day I got a call from the salesman and he actually thanked me for not crucifying him but did ask if I could be a bit more gentle when I did the corporate survey. So it sounds like Corporate takes customer satisfaction very seriously.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks for the info. I just bought my JK last Saturday and discovered there is an issue with the seal on the bottom of my windshield. The dealership had my jeep all day just to inform me that they will take pics and submit to corp. I too will be proactive and become a blip on their radar.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Ive been a Ford guy for the last 14 years, never had any warranty issues but Im pleasantly surprised at how responsive chrysler corporate seems to be.

I know when I recently purchased my rubicon I filled out their online server, the experience was less than stellar and I was just being honest. The next day I got a call from the salesman and he actually thanked me for not crucifying him but did ask if I could be a bit more gentle when I did the corporate survey. So it sounds like Corporate takes customer satisfaction very seriously.
Those surveys result in bonus money for the salesmen. Telling them you will give them all the highest marks on the surveys is one way you can get a better deal on the car.

At my friend's dealership the salesmen get a bonus, and the dealership gets priority when it comes to rare models. If the service department has a high rating they can provide free rental cars.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I wanted to update this thread because the information is valuable and could help others.

On the 9th of may when I saw this thread I contacted chrysler corporate to inform them that I had just paid cash for a new 2014 JK (3 May) and the seal at the bottom of the windshield was faulty. I expressed my frustrations..in a professional manner of course, in that I just paid $ 36,000 for a brand new jeep that had a leaking winshield seal and felt this was unacceptable.

The dealership I bought it from was 1 1/2hrs away so I took it to a local dealership on 8 May. I dropped it off at 0730am and when i went to pick it up at 5pm they had put lime green painter's tape along the bottom of the windshield to prevent any water getting in. They explained to me that their "glass guy" didn't get there until late in the evening to look at it. I coordinated 2 days prior to dropping it off so I figured they'd ensure they would be able to fix/repair the issue. They took pictures of everything and told me they had to submit a request to chrysler corporate and that it would take 2-3 days for approval. as you can imagine I was pretty pissed.

So the next day 9 May I came across this thread. I am thankful for the op for posting this because here is what happend. I created an account and sent my message to corp. I received an email on Sunday 11 May indicating that they will be calling the dealership on Monday. On Monday I received a phone call from chrysler corporate apologizing for any inconveniences. I then received a call from the dealership asking if I could drop it off Wednesday (today).

I dropped it off this morning and will picking it back up at 5pm. I hope there are no more issues.

Here's my thoughts.. I don't know if this whole thing would have been expedited in this manner had I'd not come across this post and contacted chrysler corporate. Which leads me to the most important statement. This forum kicks ass. When I joined a few weeks ago as I was on the verge of buying my first jeep , I was very impressed with all of the replies and helpful comments. The people on here are damn good people, yeah there are a couple of knuckleheads, but they at least they own a jeep..haha..so that makes them our knuckleheads.

Now I gotta get back to my search for the different mods i want to do to my jeep..so many choices.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Glad I could help, we should get a sticky on how to contact corporate with problems.

I wanted to update this thread because the information is valuable and could help others.

On the 9th of may when I saw this thread I contacted chrysler corporate to inform them that I had just paid cash for a new 2014 JK (3 May) and the seal at the bottom of the windshield was faulty. I expressed my frustrations..in a professional manner of course, in that I just paid $ 36,000 for a brand new jeep that had a leaking winshield seal and felt this was unacceptable.

The dealership I bought it from was 1 1/2hrs away so I took it to a local dealership on 8 May. I dropped it off at 0730am and when i went to pick it up at 5pm they had put lime green painter's tape along the bottom of the windshield to prevent any water getting in. They explained to me that their "glass guy" didn't get there until late in the evening to look at it. I coordinated 2 days prior to dropping it off so I figured they'd ensure they would be able to fix/repair the issue. They took pictures of everything and told me they had to submit a request to chrysler corporate and that it would take 2-3 days for approval. as you can imagine I was pretty pissed.

So the next day 9 May I came across this thread. I am thankful for the op for posting this because here is what happend. I created an account and sent my message to corp. I received an email on Sunday 11 May indicating that they will be calling the dealership on Monday. On Monday I received a phone call from chrysler corporate apologizing for any inconveniences. I then received a call from the dealership asking if I could drop it off Wednesday (today).

I dropped it off this morning and will picking it back up at 5pm. I hope there are no more issues.

Here's my thoughts.. I don't know if this whole thing would have been expedited in this manner had I'd not come across this post and contacted chrysler corporate. Which leads me to the most important statement. This forum kicks ass. When I joined a few weeks ago as I was on the verge of buying my first jeep , I was very impressed with all of the replies and helpful comments. The people on here are damn good people, yeah there are a couple of knuckleheads, but they at least they own a jeep..haha..so that makes them our knuckleheads.

Now I gotta get back to my search for the different mods i want to do to my jeep..so many choices.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So a little update to my situation, I received call from service manager that they ordered the window and it is in and want to know what day I can come to have them install. So we make an appointment for Monday and he informs he he will need my jeep for 1.5 hours, I asked why, it is installing a back window that takes 2 minutes, his excuse was paper work.

So anyway I called corporate back and they are going to have a word with the dealership, Jenny (my rep) also thinks that is way to long, no reason they cant have the paper work ready for when I get there. I will update after this Monday.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Can Canadians create an account or is it only for Americans? I feel like us Canadians don't have much pull and are at the mercy of dealers a lot more. He'll even the dealers are at chryslers mercy.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Try it, it is for Jeep owners so i am sure it will work for you.

Can Canadians create an account or is it only for Americans? I feel like us Canadians don't have much pull and are at the mercy of dealers a lot more. He'll even the dealers are at chryslers mercy.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Went to the dealer on Monday and had them put the window in, and since they said it would take an hour and a half also had them give me my free oil change. In the end it took a total of 1 hour and 17 minutes to do both. The guy was very nice and said he only gave me a quote of that long just in case something came up.

·
Registered
785 Posts
No, it won't work, you need a USA postal code for it.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Hey so what ended up happening ? They take care of it ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts