Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 JKU with. 4k miles on it. I just noticed that the back Window stitching is coming undone. 2 pieces by the zipper is starting to peel apart a few inches. Is this covered under warranty?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I am sure it would be. I had mine replaced due to leaking. The Dealer mentioned they had to get "special" approval for soft tops as the Dealer couldnt make the call.

·
Registered
152 Posts
as long as its not cut or torn from physical damage it should be covered 12 months/12,000 miles, will require that dealer take in photos and send to digital imaging to get it approved.....I personally would go in sooner than later just because its less chance for them to say you caused it....take to dealer, they take pictures, can get a response back usually in 15 minutes up to a couple days depending on how busy/lazy the service department is.....if they tell you itll take weeks to do a claim tell them they are bullshitting you and you want it started sooner because they wont even order parts until its approved....

·
Registered
238 Posts
Read my thread on being proactive for warranty claim. My back window got a slight crack in it and after taking it to the dealer I contacted corporate to make sure it got approved and moved along in a timely manor.

·
Registered
615 Posts
My soft top sun rider Knuckle part at the joint broke and it is covered under warranty 3/36000 so the dealer says I will take it in on Friday for the recall and the soft top & the aux power port now that all parts are here will see how it goes .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts