Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took the Jeep in for some basic warranty work. Thought I would share the results.

1. Passenger side speaker blown: Results verified but the tech found STAR Case #S120800018. They installed flocking tape to the speaker. This fixed the problem.

Does anyone know what the STAR case states or what the flocking tape does?

2. Passenger seat threading is coming undone. Results verified but waiting for Chrysler to review and approve replacement. (not sure what they need to verify here, kind of silly)

3. Pocket in middle of dash (Where most people have their window buttons) pops out when hitting a bump in road. Results verified, special order part.

4. Plastic creak sound in passenger side of dash near windshield. Not verified. (this one is a pretty big deal to me as it is quite annoying. Really only notice it during cold mornings. Will try to get it on video for dealer)

5. Updated the PCM module. SB-18-025-12, LOP = 18-19-06-A3. Does anyone know what they updated?

Overall I am very pleased with my Jeep. Have 4200 miles on it now and it still runs like a dream. Couple issues that I am confident will get fixed.

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Flocking tape is made from nylon with an adhesive on one side and is used for noise/vibration/harshness (NVH) control.

My understanding is STAR is a group of folks working for Chrysler who attempt to answer questions from techs. The case number probably means another tech already had the same speaker issue and fixed it with the tape. This info was entered into the STAR records so when your tech called he was told to use the tape.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
my speaker is also vibrating. I took it out and decided not to bother taking it to the dealer. The speaker is a joke. i think ear buds have bigger magnets.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I've noticed a creaking coming from my driver side b pillar. If I put any pressure on it the noise stops so pretty easy to verify. One of my Mygig USB ports is also acting up. Going to take it to the dealer tomorrow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts