Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at all the threads in the jk subforum I noticed most of you guys have mods done (lift, snorkel, wheels, big tires, bumpers) to your rides..how do you guys go in for warranty work without issues? I would assume your service departments are hassling you left and right about the modifications you've done

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
Why would you assume that?

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
My service dept has more lifted(by them) jeeps on their lot than stock, seriously four lifted and 3 stock. They all four wheel as I understand.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just assumed bc the salesman i spoke with when i bought mine told me that the only way i could keep my warranty was if i lifted with mopar suspension products and if it was done at a dealership...

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
i just assumed bc the salesman i spoke with when i bought mine told me that the only way i could keep my warranty was if i lifted with mopar suspension products and if it was done at a dealership...
Do you believe everything a sales person tells you. Of course a dealer or sales person that isn't reputable is going to tell you that. If you walk in to buy a Chrysler they're not going to say that what you really need for your situation is a Chevy Tahoe, for example. What you were told isn't true. Find another dealer.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Chrysler does not warranty the mods and the parts affected by the mods. Personally, I've never had a problem with gettig warranty work done. Also, last time I checked, which has been a couple of years, Chrysler does not warranty the mopar lift. They consider it a performance mod and not covered by their warranty. In my case, I got a dealer installed mopar lift, which the dealer warrantied it, in writing, for 3 years/36000 miles.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I had the dealership instal my lift and asked prior to the install if warranty would be an issue. They had assured me that I would encounter no warranty problems with them.

In order to have peace of mine, I would discuss warranty issues ahead of the mod with the dealership. At the end of the day, what is said on this forum may not be validated by your local dealership.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Definatly going to depend on your dealership....im a service advisor and would like to think a good one (if there is such a thing lol) I always say obviously we cant warranty non oem parts and if something is obviously caused by a part that was installed by the customer also not covered....id like to think I am as lenient as they come but even I can only do what I can do...certain case require digital imaging which requires that picture be sent to Chrysler and picture don't lie...also at the same point once you have to send in the pics its not my decision anymore...its in their hands then, some of those guys are cool but some are super prix.....the other day I got a guy approved for a torn soft top window which is digital imaging by making multiple cases because I was rejected more than once...(I wouldn't have made multiple claims if I didn't feel it should've been warranty) his jeep has 35's and 2.5 lift and a high lift jack and other offroad stuff all over it.....for the digital imaging it is a requirement to send in 3/4 vehicle shots from the outside, the trick is to take the pics from the vehicles least modified side or make sure another car or object is blocking the big tires

the point of the story is it depends on the dealer, some will give poor service and blame modifications for everything without even looking at it...also just because your service dept is great doesn't mean that the one you break down in front of on vacation will be, and in some cases your great dealer is at the mercy of the digital imaging guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts