Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all..... I've tried to search on here but I can't find any information on the Lifetime Power-train Warranty. I am not totally new to the jeep world. I used to own a Cherokee but now I own a 2011 Wrangler 2 Dr sport. It's 6 speed manual. When I bought the vehicle I asked about the lifetime power-train warranty and the clutch and he said it would be covered. I got bored today at work and did some looking around and I found some stuff on the jeep website that said manual transmissions were not covered for lifetime. Any suggestions? Thanks :punk:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hello all..... I've tried to search on here but I can't find any information on the Lifetime Power-train Warranty. I am not totally new to the jeep world. I used to own a Cherokee but now I own a 2011 Wrangler 2 Dr sport. It's 6 speed manual. When I bought the vehicle I asked about the lifetime power-train warranty and the clutch and he said it would be covered. I got bored today at work and did some looking around and I found some stuff on the jeep website that said manual transmissions were not covered for lifetime. Any suggestions? Thanks :punk:
I could be wrong , But I thought Chrysler changed that in 2010, The 2010 models have a 5 or 6 year powertrain warranty or 100,000 miles what ever comes first. :confused::confused:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Go to this link at the jeep website and download the warranty info for the 2011 Wrangler. Read it cover-to-cover.

Warranty Coverage

The warranty has changed over the years. The 2011 does not have a Lifetime Powertrain Warranty - I think that stopped with the 09s. Instead, the 2011 has the 3yr/36K basic and 5yr/100K powertrain - same as my 2010.

Also, the 2011 warranty says "MANUAL TRANSMISSION CLUTCH PARTS ARE NOT COVERED AT ANY TIME"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts