Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best model with them? UGH! The decision process will never end!

Looks like they're optional on Black bear and Freedom editions. How are those models different from the Sahara?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Didn't know they had one. Can you do it with cloth seats?
Yes there are a bunch of threads on it here. Or a simple google search will lead you to some Amazon products with good reviews. If I can remember right it was around $200 for the parts.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Just ordered and opted to forego the heated seats. Since the kits are only 50 bucks I may stick them between the trek armor seat covers... just because.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Explain that its a Chrysler, and the less electrical stuff the better! I leave a blanket in mine. ;)

·
Registered
528 Posts
Your wife is right. The heated seats are AMAZING. I never knew what I was missing until we got heated seats on out 2012 JKR.

I'll never have a Jeep without them again.

They're glorious on cold top-down days. You can even get them on cloth seats from the factory. (Ours were)

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Yes they have the aftermarket kits. Have been thinking about getting them as our Cherokee Trailhawk has heated seats and man do they keep the passenger "quiet". Ahhh the peace and quiet... Get the aftermarket kit or seats no matter the price/sacrifice. SO worth it in the long run.

Happy wife, happy life. Learn it, live it, love it. LOL.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I put heated seat kit in my 12' front seats that I bought off of eBay (Sun?)for around $80 and they work great. Relatively easy to install but tedious as all hell. My cloth seats are warmer than my wife's 10' Es 350 with leather. I placed my switches on my console with the tray top covering them in case I get rain. Use zipties instead of hog rings and I was able to cut my passenger element in the center to avoid the air bag sensor. Grab a solid ground, pos+ switch (cig adapter) and run a pos+ line direct to the pos+ battery with an inline fuse. My dud of a back loves it on those off days

·
Registered
322 Posts
My Altitude came with heated leather seats and I thought it would be a waste. My wife turns it on high once her tush hits hide.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I have never been cold from the cloth seats in the winter. Granted I live in Arizona, but I was riding no top down to 15 degrees some mornings this winter. My butt was never cold from the seats. I was definitely cold, but heated seats would not have alleviated that in my opinion, just my stubborn ass not wanting to put my top back on. Now, if you had leather, that would be a different story.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
I have never been cold from the cloth seats in the winter. Granted I live in Arizona, but I was riding no top down to 15 degrees some mornings this winter. My butt was never cold from the seats. I was definitely cold, but heated seats would not have alleviated that in my opinion, just my stubborn ass not wanting to put my top back on. Now, if you had leather, that would be a different story.
Also live in AZ and agree with you. But once you've had heated seats, they are great. When it's time to relax, or I'm a little sower, on the seat heaters come. Definitely not a deal breaker in a jeep, but if my wife asked for heated seats I would have used it as an excuse to get a higher package in a heart beat.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts