Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my '12 JK, it came with a year of Sirius Satellite radio.
The thing that chapped my butt was that I had no choice and they were charging me $150.

Turns out that I like Sirius and I'll most likely renew, but at a negotiated price.

I had some radio issues recently and I had to call Sirius numerous times. Every time I called, I spoke to a different tech, and they kept referring to my "YEAR OF FREE SATELLITE RADIO". I finally asked the guy about it, and he told me that Sirius offers a free year of radio on the Jeep.

Did my dealer stick it to me again on this, and pocket $150?
Did anyone actually get a FREE year of Satellite radio?

·
Registered
343 Posts
The radio itself isn't free, obviously. Normally a $195 package if you purchase the option individually, but that still includes the free year.

If you gave your dealer $150 for a year of sat service in a *new* Jeep, it didn't go to Sirius.

And never pay retail if you want to keep your service. You can get 60% off or better if you ask or wait for them to call you to renew.

·
Registered
536 Posts
When I bought my '12 JK, it came with a year of Sirius Satellite radio.
The thing that chapped my butt was that I had no choice and they were charging me $150.

Turns out that I like Sirius and I'll most likely renew, but at a negotiated price.

I had some radio issues recently and I had to call Sirius numerous times. Every time I called, I spoke to a different tech, and they kept referring to my "YEAR OF FREE SATELLITE RADIO". I finally asked the guy about it, and he told me that Sirius offers a free year of radio on the Jeep.

Did my dealer stick it to me again on this, and pocket $150?
Did anyone actually get a FREE year of Satellite radio?
maybe you paid for some sort of connectivity package, coz sirius comes free for first year on pretty much all new cars

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Your sat service should have been free. The dealer jerked jerked u around. Just renewed mine. Serious didn't want to bargain this time around. They've now broken it down into different grouping pkgs and prices instead of the old all or nothing that they used to have. I got the music Only pkg for $96 bucks.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
1 year free on every Chrysler product I've ever purchased with SAT including the Rubi I just got a week ago.

·
Registered
203 Posts
2013 JKU, yes, free for one year.

·
Registered
63 Posts
No the Sirius cost me 25,799, the jeep was free.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I've been able to renew for about $52 a year, if you're looking to renew. Get those "6 months for $26) renewal notices constantly. Just make sure you cancel before the 6 months is up (and then renew), or they automatically debit your account like $150.

·
dirt road inspector
3,007 Posts
It took me two months of going back and forth with Sirius to get my free year. When it expires I am going to stream Pandora from my RAZR Maxx until they give me a REALLY good deal to come back.:wavey:

I will not renew Travel Link. It is useless.

·
Registered
343 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I've been able to renew for about $52 a year, if you're looking to renew. Get those "6 months for $26) renewal notices constantly. Just make sure you cancel before the 6 months is up (and then renew), or they automatically debit your account like $150.
This. Once you cancel or not renew your year they send a constant stream of letters in the mail for less than half the normal price.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts