Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever had problems with only one of their nozzles spraying? Only my passenger side is spraying right now. How do I access the plumbing for the nozzle on the drivers side?

·
Registered
43 Posts
HA! I'm glad someone else has this problem. I just stick a pin down the front hole and clean it out' The end with hole is actually 2 pieces!...yeh, surprised me too! The botom half of the squirt-hole is actually a little 'Block' that will slide out! Don't loose this! It's about 3/8" wide and 1/8" thick. If you can pop that out without ruining the part you might be able to flush some crap out and snap the piece back in to place.
I found out that a piece of the 'red pastic tube' from a wd-40 can will fit inside the squirt hole and really blast the washer juice out too.
Now ..if you take the mounting screw out you will have to pull up and kinda twist the unit to get it clear of the jeep cowl...you are at this point relying on the rubber hose still being flexible cause it will fight you and you don't want to break the plastic hose barb off the squirter assy ! I found it to be a real pain in the butt cause when you do get it out, you need a 'hemostat' clamp to grab and hold the rubber hose out of the cowl so you can get the piece hooked up again....they did'nt give me any 'slackness' in mine and I did'nt want to loose the hose down into the cowl.
I just opted for the 'little red tubing' and slid the squirter back into the cowl... maybe someday I'll get a new set....but it works real good for me like it is now.
I'm just guessing now.. but I'm thinking if ya had to replace the tube itself, you would have to remove that squirter and attach some kind of 'Fish-Line'/ string and pull it from the eng compartment, that way you would have a way to pull the hose back into the cowl.....maybe someone else knows? I did'nt get that far...yet!

·
Registered
102 Posts
As far as clearing out the nozzles on the squirters, use a toothpick. You can also use the toothpick to slightly move the nozzles and direct the stream of water whereever you wish on your windshield. It's nice to have adjustments.

If clearing out the nozzles does not work for your driver side squirter, then it sounds like you have some things to check. Either it's clogged up deeper than the squirters, or the hose came off. You can (probably) remove the cowl vent grill and access the plumbing in there... honestly, I haven't ventured too deep into tearing my YJ apart yet so I don't know the exact steps, but I need to clear out my nozzles so when I tackle this tomorrow on my day off, I'll update your post with some steps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts