Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was curious what people used to wash there fenders with? I'm sure there's a product out there specifically made for them but haven't looked much yet as I just got my jeep on Monday. Also was curious about the soft tops, I went with the premium black Sunrider soft top, is there a specific product you guys use to wash the soft tops with? Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Meguiar's makes a product for cleaning/restoring black plastic parts...flares, trim etc.

Your soft top is made by Bestop, and they make cleaning and protection products for their tops. Quadratec sells them, even amazon.

x2 on the meguiar's fender restoring stuff, just dont get it on your paint.

·
Registered
92 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
For my fenders, hard top, and bumpers(JKUR) I use a foaming tire spray. It comes in a red can, can't remember the name. I spray it on my tires, and then wipe them down. It provides good coverage, and the wipedown takes the shine away. I just want black tires, I don't want them shiny.

I tried it one day on one of the fenders and it looked great. Made it a few shades darker and makes quick work of light dirt and water spots. It is a silicone based spray, so like Armor-All I guess there is some down side. It is working great now though. Easy, quick and looks better than not using it. I use it on my hard top too, but I would not use it on a soft top. I would only use a recommended product on that.

·
Registered
284 Posts
A good car wash liquid (I like Adam's products, Chemical Guys is good too) and 303 on the vinyl and 303 made for soft tops on the premium top.
Your search is over.
How often do you guys use the 303 on the soft top? This stuff is not cheap and doing the top can use a good bit of a 32 oz. spray bottle.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Okay, possibly slightly off topic... just washed my Jeep today for the first time (bought it in October of last year) :cool:.... and I know that soap and water gets everything CLEAN.... but... I would really like to put something on the fenders/bumpers/mirror casings that turns the plastic back to dark, even shiny black. And stay that way. I tried ArmorAll wipes, which looked great until it dried, now it looks exactly like it did before.

Is there an after-wash product that you can put on the plastic stuff to darken and shine it up a bit? Obviously, I'm not talking about them looking like glass or clear coat... just not that dull grey color.

·
Registered
544 Posts

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Nothing will keep black black for long. Started back in the day using oil for the car shows. Then all the "new" stuff came out like ArmorAll and BackToBlack and all the other 2 week wonders. Anymore it is what it is. HEck living in the country, it not even worth washing anymore.

·
Registered
176 Posts
1 - 20 of 49 Posts