Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have a friend that had a driveshaft stollen off of his shortbox Silverado last year. It was during one of the Baja race weekends so it may not just have been tweekers looking for metal to sell. His truck was in his driveway.

·
Registered
448 Posts
You would think that the market for doors would get saturated quickly, but I guess there are traffic accidents every day, creating the demand.

Perhaps we should be etching our VINs in the glass or in the paint on the the underside of the door? Then legitimate shops would suspect the doors were stolen and might follow up on it.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
You would think that the market for doors would get saturated quickly, but I guess there are traffic accidents every day, creating the demand.

Perhaps we should be etching our VINs in the glass or in the paint on the the underside of the door? Then legitimate shops would suspect the doors were stolen and might follow up on it.
I have a feeling legitimate shops are not acquiring these doors.

·
Banned
764 Posts
One good thing about this is if they steal my doors they can only have 2. And this would be the only way I would ever go doorless. I don't lock my gas or my wheels or my hood and I keep a spare key under the hood in case I ever get locked out.

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
JandS said:

The vin is on a sticker on the doors on my 99 and every other body panel on the vehicle for that matter

Attachments

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Tuffy seems to make some good products. However, I'm wondering if there are alternatives out there just to have something to compare. Does anyone use anything else beside these?
Quadratec Exclusive DNJK4 - Anti-Theft Hinge Pin Nuts for 07-12 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door - Quadratec

Can't recommend either product, but here's an alternative.

I bet the main culprits of this are body shop operators repairing damaged Wranglers who would rather buy and spray-paint ripped off doors than pay OEM prices.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
$60.00. For those. $60.00. Someone has a vacation home they need to pay for.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Think I'll just trust my judgement and my 9mm!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Did some research on these and found the following from another forum:

I have a set. They were looking a bit corroded so I took one off yesterday to take a look. It was so corroded I had to pound the outer sleeve off the inner part with a hammer. When I got the outer sleeve off, the inside part was so corroded, it bent when I tried to take it off the lock cylinder and broke. These locks are only two years old and I live inland, not near the beach. I am really disappointed since I paid around $80 for the set.

Recommend Tuffy look into better corrosion resistance because the powdercoat doesn't work.
Any similar experiences here?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Now I have to worry about these junkies stealing my doors?

Time for some Tuffy's then! :nonono:

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts