Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

281 - 300 of 320 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
the key is to find something you love on your wrist that fits the budget you want to spend.

This is the most important factor!!! If you love it, but it and wear it. Too many times I see people entering the watch world that feel as though they need so drop thousands on a “high end watch” like they have something to prove. My collection is made up of watches I love to wear and admire. From $10 to $10k.

·
Registered
447 Posts
This is the most important factor!!! If you love it, but it and wear it. Too many times I see people entering the watch world that feel as though they need so drop thousands on a “high end watch” like they have something to prove. My collection is made up of watches I love to wear and admire. From $10 to $10k.
So true.

I often go on Watchuseek and read about people worrying about every little mark and nick, and don't get it. Why get the thing if you're going to worry about it and not wear it? I take care of my watches, but I wear everyone of them on a regular basis. Didn't get them to look at them in a box.

·
Registered
482 Posts
So true.

I often go on Watchuseek and read about people worrying about every little mark and nick, and don't get it. Why get the thing if you're going to worry about it and not wear it? I take care of my watches, but I wear everyone of them on a regular basis. Didn't get them to look at them in a box.
I only have one watch I rarely wear. It's the First Omega in Space Speedmaster, I wore it once... on my daughters wedding day. It will become my daily wear speedy when my sapphire sandwich goes to my son when he graduates from college.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I only have one watch I rarely wear. It's the First Omega in Space Speedmaster, I wore it once... on my daughters wedding day. It will become my daily wear speedy when my sapphire sandwich goes to my son when he graduates from college.
The sapphire sandwich is a watch I am strongly considering for my next. I keep going back and forth between it, the FOIS, and the new Co-Axial Speedy with the date complication. Any input from someone who has 2 of the 3?

Currently the sandwich is #1 but I actually often use the date function on my watches so I cant get myself to pull the trigger.

As I mentioned in a prior post, I lost my fiance to a car accident in 2015, it took me awhile, but I finally started parting with some belongings. I sold her phones, iMac, iPad, some designer clothes, dresses, etc. Stuff that I had memories with but was sitting in boxes. I wanted to get a watch I could wear often with the funds to be a symbol for that "stuff", so I want it to be the perfect fit. Its making the decision hard.

·
Registered
482 Posts
The sapphire sandwich is a watch I am strongly considering for my next. I keep going back and forth between it, the FOIS, and the new Co-Axial Speedy with the date complication. Any input from someone who has 2 of the 3?

Currently the sandwich is #1 but I actually often use the date function on my watches so I cant get myself to pull the trigger.

As I mentioned in a prior post, I lost my fiance to a car accident in 2015, it took me awhile, but I finally started parting with some belongings. I sold her phones, iMac, iPad, some designer clothes, dresses, etc. Stuff that I had memories with but was sitting in boxes. I wanted to get a watch I could wear often with the funds to be a symbol for that "stuff", so I want it to be the perfect fit. Its making the decision hard.
Sorry for your loss and all I can say is that whatever you chose, you will know its the right memorial piece. It doesn't have to be about a date window, sapphire sandwich, or even a speedy. What it does have to say is that your love is still with you every time you look at your wrist. I don't think you can make a wrong decision.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Sorry for your loss and all I can say is that whatever you chose, you will know its the right memorial piece. It doesn't have to be about a date window, sapphire sandwich, or even a speedy. What it does have to say is that your love is still with you every time you look at your wrist. I don't think you can make a wrong decision.
Thanks, its been a long road that I'm sure wont have an end, it just gets different over time.

I'm not set on a speedy, but it is the type of watch that can be worn in almost any scenario. She had bought me a few watches, the last being a citizen chronograph, so I started down the chronograph road when thinking of a watch and landed on the speedy.

I want it to be a classic piece that will still be classic 20 years from now. Right now aside from the speedys I'm considering a grand seiko snowflake. I've also considering a 1983 Sub, her birth year, but Id have to significantly up my budget.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I want it to be a classic piece that will still be classic 20 years from now. Right now aside from the speedys I'm considering a grand seiko snowflake. I've also considering a 1983 Sub, her birth year, but Id have to significantly up my budget.
Any of those would be an amazing choice.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Huge Sportura fan here! My latest. Their pictures are so much better than mine, but here's mine too at the end.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Huge Sportura fan here! My latest. Their pictures are so much better than mine, but here's mine too at the end.

Aw yeah man! That one is sick! Everything they did on that model is spot on awesome! I still need to buy a new Seiko. I had a MarineMaster but got lost during a vacay and I’m still kicking myself for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
467 Posts

I quit using smartwatches last year and went back to a nice mechanical. After searching and searching-- I settled on the Grand Seiko spring drive titanium diver. I was so close to getting a Rolex 126600, but I travel outside the U.S., sometimes to not so tourist friendly places. Wearing a $12K watch on the daily puts you on the radar, and I just didn't want to deal with that. I also wanted a watch that I could live in 24/7. I've always slept and showered in my watches so comfort was a must. Titanium is freaky LIGHT and the hand finished and polished edges are just flat out amazing. The spring drive sweep will put you to sleep.

After my first year, break-in accuracy averages right at 5-6 seconds a month. With1 dayleft in this month it looks like a hair over 5 seconds.

They say a watch has to be right for you, and this is definitely it for me. The only other watch I could be tempted by would be a spring drive all-titanium chronograph. I'm a one watch guy and I think I found mine.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I quit using smartwatches last year and went back to a nice mechanical. After searching and searching-- I settled on the Grand Seiko spring drive titanium diver. I was so close to getting a Rolex 126600, but I travel outside the U.S., sometimes to not so tourist friendly places. Wearing a $12K watch on the daily puts you on the radar, and I just didn't want to deal with that. I also wanted a watch that I could live in 24/7. I've always slept and showered in my watches so comfort was a must. Titanium is freaky LIGHT and the hand finished and polished edges are just flat out amazing. The spring drive sweep will put you to sleep.

After my first year, break-in accuracy averages right at 5-6 seconds a month. With1 dayleft in this month it looks like a hair over 5 seconds.

They say a watch has to be right for you, and this is definitely it for me. The only other watch I could be tempted by would be a spring drive all-titanium chronograph. I'm a one watch guy and I think I found mine.
Great piece! Congrats!

I don't think I can be a one watch guy, but I am trying to be a 4-5 watch guy and I hope to add a spring drive some day.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Great piece! Congrats!

I don't think I can be a one watch guy, but I am trying to be a 4-5 watch guy and I hope to add a spring drive some day.

I’m down to a 9 watch guy... and it hurts

·
Registered
500 Posts
I’m down to a 9 watch guy... and it hurts
haha well technically I have 14, but most I don't wear and keep for sentimental reasons. For instance, an old Fossil watch that my grandma gave me for my 16th birthday. They are all quartz, battery or eco drive, so fairly easy to maintain.

I'd like to have 4 mechanical and 1 G shock as my EDC watch line up.My thought was a couple colors for daily office wear, dress watch, weekend watch, and the g shock for a true beater.

I know this should be easy to do, but its just not lol.

281 - 300 of 320 Posts