Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at the base of the cheyenne mountian area watching old stage road trails become snow covered.. Damn, was hoping to to do eagle rock.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
I am at the base of the cheyenne mountian area watching old stage road trails become snow covered.. Damn, was hoping to to do eagle rock.
it's starting to come down prety good up here too. So much for wheeling this weekend. but we really do need the snow.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yayaya, I know, we need the snow for the water table and what not... But crap!! I can get water in a bottle, cant get no damn offroading in a bottle

·
Whiskey for my men...
4,100 Posts
yayaya, I know, we need the snow for the water table and what not... But crap!! I can get water in a bottle, cant get no damn offroading in a bottle
Whine,whine,whine :nonono:

I could give a shit about the water table. Trees up don't get water they turn into firesticks. Add in a few turons (tourist/moron) and we could lose what remaining trees we have up here.

You can't get trees in a bottle either.

Sorry, man, you just hit a real sore point with me.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
turons!! I love it.. I am so stealing that word my friend. It is just the rambling of an idiot when I state things like that. I enjoy my trees and camping. need the water to keep things healthy. How bad do the fires get up there?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
We still can go next weekend maybe especially since we can get em' all muddy :)

·
Whiskey for my men...
4,100 Posts
turons!! I love it.. I am so stealing that word my friend. It is just the rambling of an idiot when I state things like that. I enjoy my trees and camping. need the water to keep things healthy. How bad do the fires get up there?
Well, the Hayman fire was the worst in Colorado history. I think that fire took out about a million acres. It was so dry up here last summer that I was afraid to go out wheeling. There were about a dozen "small" fires last summer and every time we had one you could literally feel the tension as people started reliving that fire in their minds. We had exactly the same conditions that made the Hayman fire so bad.

I can understand your frustration. We have had some great wheeling trips lately and that doesn't happen too often in January. But I hate to pay for wheeling in January by not being able to wheel in the summer. I think the forest service did temporarily close some of the trails last summer because the fire danger was so high.

Don't worry, buddy, we'll get out lots this summer. And if you go to 40's and start doing really crazy trails, I'll come along for moral support or at least give you a ride home ;)

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Well, the Hayman fire was the worst in Colorado history. I think that fire took out about a million acres. It was so dry up here last summer that I was afraid to go out wheeling. There were about a dozen "small" fires last summer and every time we had one you could literally feel the tension as people started reliving that fire in their minds. We had exactly the same conditions that made the Hayman fire so bad.

I can understand your frustration. We have had some great wheeling trips lately and that doesn't happen too often in January. But I hate to pay for wheeling in January by not being able to wheel in the summer. I think the forest service did temporarily close some of the trails last summer because the fire danger was so high.

Don't worry, buddy, we'll get out lots this summer. And if you go to 40's and start doing really crazy trails, I'll come along for moral support or at least give you a ride home ;)
Well Said ED

·
Registered
5,351 Posts

:rofl::punk::popcorn::eek::nonono::rofl:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts