Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal to get water dripping from the muffler after driving? Anyone else have this happen? Thats also how I know I need a new muffler now.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Completely normal. You do not need a new muffler. Had a good laugh though lol

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This seems like an excessive amount but I guess I will have to take a pic. I need a new muffler because of where it was dripping from. It was not coming from the exhaust tip, it was dripping literally from the muffler. The puddle is what made me crawl under and look at it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing from the muffler not the exhaust tip. But I just moved to AK so I chalked it up to the climate. I hope it's ok

·
Registered
232 Posts
The muffler has holes in it so the condensation can escape, ITS MADE THAT WAY. You do not need a new muffler assuming you are in a pretty new jeep.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK thank you for the info. Will save money for other mods. I kinda feel dumb now (not because of you guys) but hopefully I can pass the info on to another noob someday. Thanks again everybody.

·
Administrator
30,779 Posts
We were all new to this at one time. None of us (with a few exceptions) were born in a Jeep.;)

·
Registered
1,828 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got it!! I will pack it with some relative bearing grease, wrap it up with some gig line and while I am down there I will feed the drive shaft seals.

·
Registered
325 Posts
HOLY CRAP! You're leaking muffler fluid!

·
Registered
806 Posts
LOL .... You should see the amount of water that comes out of the tailpipe of my Wife's Avalanche when it has been sitting for awhile.
Rob ......

·
Registered
119 Posts
dont forget to check the kanuter valve...make sure it is shut!

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I'm surprised no one recommended an exhaust sample...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts