Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello world,
I just bought my first Wrangler. I have a 2002 X model. Great shape, no dents, rust or any other damage I can see, it looks new. One problem, I had in the rain yesterday and when I accelerated from a dead stop water dripped on my right foot. Today I went to the car wash so I could see if any water might be forced in, dry as a bone. Has any one had this problem? I tried to seal up any joined body parts on the fire wall, around the steering plug and acceleator pedal with silicon. I am looking for help.
Thanks,
Gibby

·
Registered
466 Posts
i just had tyhe same problem, the cowl induction vent gets plugged with crap, my drain tube was into my engine compartment, coming through the firewall, what happens is it gets plugged and water drips in through the vent system. if you find the tube just try and clean it out, also if you have recent rain there should be some retained in the cowl as well

·
Registered
14 Posts
mmasuperman12 said:
i just had tyhe same problem, the cowl induction vent gets plugged with crap, my drain tube was into my engine compartment, coming through the firewall, what happens is it gets plugged and water drips in through the vent system. if you find the tube just try and clean it out, also if you have recent rain there should be some retained in the cowl as well
Great find.

We had this problem on my wifes car. It used to dump loads of water on us.

I just checked this out and it was full of crap!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts