Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure they are related but my Jeep is leaking water through the firewall behind my AC/Heating Unit as well as my Heater is not heating. Could this be a busted heater core?

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Is it coolant or a clogged vent drain on the firewall. Check it out.

·
Registered
93 Posts
It could also be the seal between the window frame and body. Mine leaks pretty bad there. Though, that only happens when driving during rain and a decent speed, it has to be pushed up under the rubber.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the advice. It was the cowl drain tube. That thing was loaded with mud. I guess the previous owner liked to mud ride and not do the maintenance needed to mud ride. So now could anyone help me out with this heater issue? Everything seems to function properly as far as the vent opening and closing. I've never had problems with any sign of overheating. It just want even get warm when I switch it over to heat. Any ideas of what I need to be looking for?

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
First off are the hoses connected (not bypassed)?? You may have a blockage has it been flushed??? If it has does the heater control panel and the cables function like they are supposed?? So few things to look at and does your temp run at 210 like it should??

·
Registered
56 Posts
If the hoses are connected like the previous post mentioned the just do the heater core, cheap and not to....bad a fix, lot of shit to remove but overall a basic job, did it last year on my 1995

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Motor runs at 210 and I just replaced the radiator hoses and flushed the whole system. Vent opens and closes. Cables function fine. I'm thinking it might be the core. How would I know this for certain. U hate to spend the money on the part and this not be it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok. I just wanted make sure there wasn't anyway I could flush the heater core directly. I guess next thing to do is pull out the heater core and replace it

·
Registered
56 Posts
Like I said prior I had the same issue and so I put in a better core, didn't know if it would fix it but figured if I was putting in a better aftermarket then ill chalk it up as an improvement rather than a repair, but luckily it was the repair AND an upgrade so basically WINNING!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts