Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Jeep Wrangler sport with a soft top that i just recently bought about 5 months ago and today while vacuuming the insides i noticed that the carpet on the floor behind the passengers seat was soaking wet and once I pulled up the carpet it was a puddle of water. I took out the water plug to drain it out but I also noticed that it was starting to rot/rust. This isn't the first time that I see water coming into the car. I just don't really know where it's coming from and I wanted to know if there was some way to solve this problem? Like take out the carpet or find the source of the leak? I'm just not really sure where it could be coming from. It's just a pain because it makes my car smell. It usually rains pretty hard where I'm at and I don't want anymore damage in the interior. Help?

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2012 Jeep Wrangler sport with a soft top that i just recently bought about 5 months ago and today while vacuuming the insides i noticed that the carpet on the floor behind the passengers seat was soaking wet and once I pulled up the carpet it was a puddle of water. I took out the water plug to drain it out but I also noticed that it was starting to rot/rust. This isn't the first time that I see water coming into the car. I just don't really know where it's coming from and I wanted to know if there was some way to solve this problem? Like take out the carpet or find the source of the leak? I'm just not really sure where it could be coming from. It's just a pain because it makes my car smell. It usually rains pretty hard where I'm at and I don't want anymore damage in the interior. Help?
I have an '08 4-Door Unlimited X hard top with the same issue. I know the water comes in at the firewall, because when I go through a car wash, I end up with soap in the floorboard of the passenger side, but can't seem to find the source. Have you had any success in finding the issue(s)?

·
Retired Moderator
100,623 Posts
I have an '08 4-Door Unlimited X hard top with the same issue. I know the water comes in at the firewall, because when I go through a car wash, I end up with soap in the floorboard of the passenger side, but can't seem to find the source. Have you had any success in finding the issue(s)?
Welcome to the Forum.

·
Registered
765 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
My "new to me" 2013 JK was perfect inside and the carpet like new. But as a Beach Jeeper I know its going to get wet and sandy all the time so I plan to get it lined. Was going with Bullet Liner but the local dealer would not return my calls so I switched to Linex. Getting it sprayed next Tuesday.

If anyone wants the carpet ... make an offer. I was planning to just store it in case I ever wanted it but not that tied to it if it goes to a good home. Also removed all of the roll bar pads and the sound bar if anyone wants them (minus the speakers as I moved those).

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts