Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 2 Door with a hardtop. Sometimes when there is water on the roof and I open the driver side door, the water runs off the roof from the left corner of it nearest to the windshield and gets inside the car. Not a huge deal, but was wondering if anyone else has experienced this knows of any fixes. I bought the car used about a year ago and have been experienced this the past few months.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Happens to me. It's normal.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Yep, normal. We can put a probe on mars but can't figure out how to channel water to the outside of a jeep... it's my pet peeve on my jeep.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
If you leave the doors off in the rain, with the top on, all of the water is directed into the front floorboards.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Happens to my soft-top...when I open the door in the rain I have to step through a waterfall every time.

Part of owning a Jeep!

·
Registered
336 Posts
I always forget to do it, but I've heard giving the soft top a little tap a roo before exiting reduces the amount that comes in. I just need to remember to try it before I get in the rain.

·
Registered
744 Posts
It only happens when there is water up there AND then I open the driver's door. It doesn't get in if it's closed. That's a good thing but yeah, no solution for a channel of some type with all this technology? Oh well, we knew what we were getting into when we bought a Wrangler! That's also one reason I also didn't opt for power locks, and windows. No chance of water messing with my hand cranks! HA!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I have a 2008 2 Door with a hardtop. Sometimes when there is water on the roof and I open the driver side door, the water runs off the roof from the left corner of it nearest to the windshield and gets inside the car. Not a huge deal, but was wondering if anyone else has experienced this knows of any fixes. I bought the car used about a year ago and have been experienced this the past few months.
Very simple---- just leave the top and doors off!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl:

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Oh that's a "feature" exclusive to the JK.

Chrysler designed it that way to rinse the mud off your left boot before you climb in so your foot won't slip off the brake pedal if you need to stop suddenly after wheeling.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Oh that's a "feature" exclusive to the JK.

Chrysler designed it that way to rinse the mud off your left boot before you climb in so your foot won't slip off the brake pedal if you need to stop suddenly after wheeling.
LOL That sounds like something a Jeep exec would say.

This bothered me the first few times it happened and I thought man the water is gonna screw up the door electronics... now its just part of owning a Jeep ive gotten a wet shoe and shoulder a few times but its nothing that wont dry...

·
The Bad Guy
23,179 Posts
MikeK46 said:
Happens to my soft-top...when I open the door in the rain I have to step through a waterfall every time.

Part of owning a Jeep!
Always let your passenger get in first!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Jeeze, rock the Jeep before you get in, or park on a hill, nose down. Be glad you dont have a Duster....I filled my rear cup holders twice, AFTER getting my face washed by the top.

·
Registered
900 Posts
park with the front end up hill and get out fast

1 - 18 of 18 Posts