Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was getting a water rushing sound from behind the passenger dash. I took it to the dealer and just got the call saying my over flow resivoir tank was broken on the bottom from off roading and hitting something. Would this cause the sounds and is the tank even exposed to being hit on the bottom. They are making me pay $88 for part and labor.

·
Registered
261 Posts
i heard its air in the system...mine does the same thing...its a 2012 if that helps. love the overall jeep but the small problems are kinda of annoying...i deal with them but really shouldnt have to when you pay 30k plus for it. oh well....overall its been good though tons of fun...positives are outweighing the negatives right now

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Well if the tank was broken and lost its coolant and air got into the cooling system, then its a possible cause.

·
Super Moderator
23,782 Posts
I believe there would have to be a lot of other damage as there is a lot of stuff in the way before the reservoir.

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
The tank is exposed on the bottom but it seems that a rock or tree limb would have to be lined up perfectly and jump up into the engine compartment to hit it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SilverSport said:
The tank is exposed on the bottom but it seems that a rock or tree limb would have to be lined up perfectly and jump up into the engine compartment to hit it.
I'm really mad about this but I made them save the tank for me to see.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts