Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! My passenger front carpet is waterlogged. I pulled off the carpet but can't find the source of water. I thought it was from running the heater...maybe water circulating was leaking...but....there is no wetness at the very top/front of the carpet. The only wet area is directly where you place your feet. I dried it all off and can't locate any source. The freeze plugs are still intact and the only time I noticed the last time and this one, it rained. Could there be a worn seal somewhere that rain or melted snow can somehow work its way into that area?

Thanks for any clues

Joe

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
It's the rain. Try rolling your windows up tight and closing the doors tight, the next time it rains. I have the same problem anytime there is a real downpour. But, mostly I keep my windows slightly rolled down, in case I lock my keys in my vehicle. It's a habit. But, water can get in the doors/window seams and run down unto the floor. Water can also get through the top seal if there is a real downpour. Sometimes, I can feel a little spray on my face, if it is a really bad rain. After a rain now, I always check my passenger, drivers and rear floor, because the first time I noticed it, I notice surface rust, and I don't want that to go through my floor pan, so I wiped it off. And, then I put paper towels under and on top of the carpet until it was dry. Good Luck.

Note: I also had that problem when my top wasn't completely latched down in the front. And, I remember there was a problem with the way my weatherstrip over the window being out of alignment. But, those were easy fixes, and I still occasionally get a wet passenger floor.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Need a little more info about your vehicle...
Is it a hard top or soft top; year might help too....

Most leaks can be traced to either a roof panel seal on the hardtops or a worn door seal... On the soft tops; a hole in the material or a worn door seal. On both tops I have read that the door can be readjusted slightly to seal a leaking door seal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
11 JK water probs

I have a 2011 JK and have experienced similar probs with water after a severe downpour. First things first, I pulled the floor plugs out to allow the water to drain. It looks like a door seal problem I'll have to troubleshoot.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have the same problem. doesn't have to rain for it to happen. I've read that it could be that the A/C isn't draining properly. Taking it to the shop next week to see what they say. Good thing it's still under warranty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts