Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled the rubber floormat out to clean it up and saw the bottom was wet. Floor carpeting didnt' feel too wet so thought it might somehow be a little condensation. I checked the right side and carpet was soaked. I hadn't left the windows down for a few days but it has been sitting. I used a shopvac, and got out a measureable amount. Put a towel down and thought things were good.
It rained hard this morning but all closed up. I checked the rt side again..towel soaked as well as carpet fwd and under the seat. I pulled the carpet up and there was water pooled underneath in both areas. While water may not really do damage I don't care to have things soaked all the time. Will dry it out and see.

Anyone have any issues like this before?
Ever find where the water came from?

It's a 2012 JKUR. I've had it for the better part of a year and this is the first time this has happened.

Thanks for any info/suggestions.

·
Registered
153 Posts
My 2010 JKU does the same thing. I'm leaning toward it being the air intake on the hood overflowing during the rain storm. It's a design prob. I'm thinking of getting a hood scoop for the intake and see if it helps

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I haven't really checked out our new JK but in my old YJ the air intake on the cowl had a drain that if plugged would cause water to run into the cab. I'm sure somebody here can address that.....and water does do damage, rusts the floorboard and your carpet will stink from mildew if it persists...

·
Registered
10 Posts
We've had a bit of rain lately and I checked my passenger floor, SOAKED! We've only had our '11 JK for a couple weeks. This forum is the best! Not sure I would have even noticed with out you guys. I'll be trying to track down the "drain hole" and/or a solution on here.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Where's it coming from?

:rofl: Kidding. GL. Oh, you might want to consider pulling the plugs under the carpets, in the jack well and underneath the rear storage area.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where's it coming from?

:rofl: Kidding. GL. Oh, you might want to consider pulling the plugs under the carpets, in the jack well and underneath the rear storage area.

:doh2:And I thought there was an issue with the Jeep - Always comedy relief here... I did pull the plugs to help drain. will get it sorted out and glad to know I'm not the only one.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Someone else on here reported a similar problem and it turned out to be a bad seal somewhere on the firewall. He posted videos of the leak. Might be worth spending a few minutes searching (I can't recall who it was that posted it)

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
The 2013 does the same thing. It rained the entire weekend last weekend and when I pulled the floor mat out to shake it out on Sunday, the carpet was wet.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Found water under my passenger seat of my 2011 JK Sport, Hard top. Really trying to get this remedied before mildew sets in. I double checked my top roof panels and made certain they were on tightly. Hoping it isn't anything more. Is there anyway to remove the carpet without damaging it? Looks like I might have to unscrew the moldings around the edges. Still LOVE the Jeep! My first one. Thanks for any input.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.