Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would cause water to be on the carpet ,but not on the mat? i thought if there was a leak from the top etc. it would be on the mat too. Please help, i feel like its easter and im on a hunt

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine was leaking on drivers side. With the door open, halfway down there's a seal towards the front of the jamb. mine was coming in behind that and running down flooding the floor. I put some butyl tape behind that seal and dry so far!

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine was leaking on drivers side. With the door open, halfway down there's a seal towards the front of the jamb. mine was coming in behind that and running down flooding the floor. I put some butyl tape behind that seal and dry so far!
thank you, ill check that...did the seal look like it was off? i took my top off to dry it out and it doesnt smell like mildew....do i need to worry about rust or anything? its a 2015 with 4000 miles

·
Registered
223 Posts
You can check out the leak thread in the tech section. There's a lot of info there and people that had or have the same problem as you.

Leaks on the jk are tricky because they could start from one area and end up in another.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can check out the leak thread in the tech section. There's a lot of info there and people that had or have the same problem as you.

Leaks on the jk are tricky because they could start from one area and end up in another.
thank you sir

·
Registered
449 Posts
I have the same thing happen but under the passenger side mat. No clue how it happens. I just pull up some of the carpet and dry up as much as I can.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the same thing happen but under the passenger side mat. No clue how it happens. I just pull up some of the carpet and dry up as much as I can.
ive heard the ac drain can get plugged and leak on the passenger side. Ive looked around the battery (where its supposed to be)but dont see an obvious hose

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have found that if I run with my top off, and the AC on, the AC sweats a lot and my carpets end up wet underneath my mats. Doesn't not happen with the top on.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Can you post a picture?

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
My 15 JKUHR allows rainwater to enter over the drivers door sill. Dealer replaced door seal. Still leaks. Chrysler Quality.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My 15 JKUHR allows rainwater to enter over the drivers door sill. Dealer replaced door seal. Still leaks. Chrysler Quality.
thats what i think is happening....its more wet closer to the door under the plastic trim

·
Registered
449 Posts
any chance you have the mopar door sill cover? The plastic thingie

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
any chance you have the mopar door sill cover? The plastic thingie
In fact I do have the MOPAR door sill protectors. I installed them. It leaked before I installed them and continues to do so. No difference. I half expected the dealer to blame the leak on the protectors but they didn't mention them.

I think it leaked from day one. I kept thinking that I didn't close the door well or left the window down. Finally, I climbed inside during a rain storm with a flashlight and was able to see it.

In all fairness, the new door seal did slow down the leaking. But there is still more to do.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I actually had to replace a w/s today on a 2015 that was missing 1/4" of urethane on the upper drivers corner of the windshield seal. That as well was soaking the carpet. The water was running down the a pillar molding then down behind the dash.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I actually had to replace a w/s today on a 2015 that was missing 1/4" of urethane on the upper drivers corner of the windshield seal. That as well was soaking the carpet. The water was running down the a pillar molding then down behind the dash.
i do also have a windshield whistle...could water be coming from that and just get the carpet under the mat wet.....it seems more saturated next to the door by the plastic trim

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'd focus water simply on the windshield. Focus your water just around the gap between the body and glass. You could remove the a pillar interior trim to really take a look at the seal and notice if water was coming in running down saturating the floor. This particular Jeep was doing exactly that. After removing the glass an indention in the urethane seal was evident and causing this particular leak.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I'd focus water simply on the windshield. Focus your water just around the gap between the body and glass. You could remove the a pillar interior trim to really take a look at the seal and notice if water was coming in running down saturating the floor. This particular Jeep was doing exactly that. After removing the glass an indention in the urethane seal was evident and causing this particular leak.

Suggest you have a good flashlight ready in your jeep. The next time it rains and you're available, climb inside and look for the leak. Don't start taking things apart yet. Start looking where you think the carpet is the wettest. Keep in mind you'll first find where the water is ending up. Your goal is to find where the water is entering. Follow the drips or trickle up to the point of entry. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Suggest you have a good flashlight ready in your jeep. The next time it rains and you're available, climb inside and look for the leak. Don't start taking things apart yet. Start looking where you think the carpet is the wettest. Keep in mind you'll first find where the water is ending up. Your goal is to find where the water is entering. Follow the drips or trickle up to the point of entry. Good luck.
Winning post.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
did you have any damage under the pillar from the water?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts