Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking to install several lights and build in some winch controls in my 2015 JKUWW, and I found a guy in my local Jeep club who builds these Waterproof Fuse Relay Boxes. Talk about simplifying accessory installation. Many things...one fused connection to the battery. Of course there is Switch Pros and SPOD...but they can't touch the $130 price point that this goes for. It's pretty no frills in comparison...but for those looking for a simple solution...this is it.

I wrote an article with more info, and of course, there is a pretty comprehensive video that shows how I chose to install it. I also went into some detail on the wiring diagram. It's worth a look if you are planning to add more than one or two accessories....

Waterproof Fuse Relay Box Review and Install - 4WAAM

Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyqTt-KscvE

And all the pics from the article:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
OTRATTW Contura XIV

Thanks for the recommendation on the switches. I just ordered a few. I like them better than the Daystars, and they're cheaper to boot.

In your video you stated that you pulled the illumination power directly from the dash light circuit in the kick panel...

Have you got any specifics on this? I'm wanting to do this for my switches as well, but also some potential foot well lighting. If you've already gone through the trouble of finding the correct circuit it could save me some aggravation :D

Exco

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the recommendation on the switches. I just ordered a few. I like them better than the Daystars, and they're cheaper to boot.

In your video you stated that you pulled the illumination power directly from the dash light circuit in the kick panel...

Have you got any specifics on this? I'm wanting to do this for my switches as well, but also some potential foot well lighting. If you've already gone through the trouble of finding the correct circuit it could save me some aggravation :D

Exco
If you look at the video about 3:35, I zoom into the wiring in the passenger kick panel area....hopefully that will get you a visual of where to start. There is a bundle of wires, and the one you want is orange with a silver stripe. There are actually what appears to be two of these. One is a heaver gauge, and one is thinner. You want the thinner one. I confirmed the wire by using a multimeter (or you could use a test light) but that's the color you want -- at least for my model year.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is the diagram for my switches. THIS WILL VARY FOR VARIOUS SWITCH TYPES....SO MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR SWITCH DIAGRAM IS!

Again looking at the video, there is a moment where I show the back of the switches...

Its a mess and I didn't go into detail for a reason...so many different types of switches, I didn't want people to try and wire it exactly the way I did. But now that you know what my wiring diagram looks like.....

Ignoring the winch switches...because those are different...but for lights...

From vehicle ground I go to 7/8 on the diagram. All of my 7s and 8s are connected together. I know people sometimes solder them, but I made jumpers and it just bounces from switch to switch connected all of the 7s and 8s.

Then... The orange and silver dimmer wire was tapped into, and I connected that to the 6. Then jumped all of the 6s together from switch to switch.

That basically covers all of the LEDs on mine.

My 12+ power wire (that I mention comes from the WFRB) is connected to 2, and all of the 2s are connected together.

Lastly, each switch wire from the WFRB is connected to the respective 3. That's the only connection that isn't jumpered from switch to switch.

I hope that helps. I'm happy to answer any questions.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
If you look at the video about 3:35, I zoom into the wiring in the passenger kick panel area....hopefully that will get you a visual of where to start. There is a bundle of wires, and the one you want is orange with a silver stripe. There are actually what appears to be two of these. One is a heaver gauge, and one is thinner. You want the thinner one. I confirmed the wire by using a multimeter (or you could use a test light) but that's the color you want -- at least for my model year.

OK thanks. I'm sure that I can figure it out.

I'm pretty handy electrically (worked as an electrician for almost 10 yrs) and extra lights (that I probably in all honesty don't need) in my vehicles is a bit of a hobby for me.

I have actually already mapped out the way I plan to wire everything. I have a water resistant covered fuse block coming, as well as a covered terminal block. I plan on making my own wiring harness.

Here is another thread that I started with my ideas, though I've since modified what I'm going to do slightly, as I will most likely be using the relays that come with my lights. I'm also going to add a USB charging port to the switch panel as a means of easily charging which ever gizmo that I have that needs to be charged.

Thanks again for your help

Exco

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very cool CPO. I got the setup from Edwin as well. Installing it tomorrow. I made a bracket for it already and test fit everything before I shortened the wires.
I really...REALLY...like your bracket. Looks very clean. Much better than my aluminum stock! Nice to have it right by the battery.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I purchased this same product from the same person last week and am installing this weekend. The seller is completely awesome and the product is as well. I'll update once I have mine installed. IMO, this product is more versatile than the more expensive option out there and is definitely more cost friendly.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Anyone have an email for the seller? I'm not on Facebook....

I would love to put an order in for it!

Just PM it to me...

·
Registered
244 Posts
1 - 20 of 42 Posts