Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeepers who dont wave back at fellow Jeepers should have their Jeeps takin away. i mean its one thing if they dont see u but im tired if awkwardly waving at someone and them staring at me. yall agree??:banghead:

·
Registered
571 Posts
I have come to the conclusion (at least in Southern California) that MOST people who drive newer Jeeps are simply using them as grocery getters and have never searched, found or registered at a forum like this and they have no idea of the protocol.
I took it personally for awhile, and now I wave at every Jeep I see and really dont care much if they wave back or not. And my two sons will wave at anything that resembles an off road vehicle.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah ive noticed that about people in stock jk's not wavin a lot, and yeah if its lifted i usally wave

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Some of us don't wave because we think it's sad and stupid. Owning a vehicle does not make you part of a special club.

/flame on

·
Registered
552 Posts
Not to sound like a newbie douche but....I don't typically wave. I have a lifted and slightly beatup yj, this is my 5th jeep. it's been offroad and i never run doors. I like to think of myself as a "jeep" guy. I also ride motorcycles; sport bike, dirt bike, and superoto. Then i've done the air cooled vw beetle thing, three of those. I'm tired of having to wave at every idiot i see driving down the road. Now if i see something that catches my eye, i'll certainly pay my respects. But i'm not waving at every stock tj and jk i see.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some of us don't wave because we think it's sad and stupid. Owning a vehicle does not make you part of a special club.

/flame on
the wrangler forum is the special club:thumb: so yeah it does

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not to sound like a newbie douche but....I don't typically wave. I have a lifted and slightly beatup yj, this is my 5th jeep. it's been offroad and i never run doors. I like to think of myself as a "jeep" guy. I also ride motorcycles; sport bike, dirt bike, and superoto. Then i've done the air cooled vw beetle thing, three of those. I'm tired of having to wave at every idiot i see driving down the road. Now if i see something that catches my eye, i'll certainly pay my respects. But i'm not waving at every stock tj and jk i see.
yeah i agree cause there's a lot out there now

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know right the people in the newer jeeps don't wave I guess they think they to good to wave.
yeah i know thats what ive always thought haha

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
Oh yay. Another wave thread.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I found when I deleted the milk cans off the front bumper, that is when other jeeps took notice of mine. Other Jeepers seemed to take it as a sign that I was not a woman that thought a Jeep was cute for this seasons fashion.

I wave its tradition and a tradition a JK owner clued me into.

·
Registered
18 Posts
For me, I either wave and don't get it back or someone waves at me and I can't tell until they're past me and I feel like a jerk.

It does lighten up my day a little when I'm finally able to reciprocate and they notice.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Actually, I wave at everyone. I live in a tiny town of 700 and pretty much everyone I know waves at everyone else. It's more of a lifting of the fingers off the steering wheel than a full on wave, though. Sometimes a head nod.

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
PT_Cuda said:
I found when I deleted the milk cans off the front bumper, that is when other jeeps took notice of mine. Other Jeepers seemed to take it as a sign that I was not a woman that thought a Jeep was cute for this seasons fashion.

I wave its tradition and a tradition a JK owner clued me into.
Uh hmmm

·
Registered
7,180 Posts
myquite said:
As a biker myself, I hafta ask.....do you wave at bikes as you pass them? Is it a "southern thing"? It's kind of cool, passing a kindred spirit on the open road.....or anywhere else for that matter.

·
Registered
188 Posts
If a Jeep looks like it has had some work, lifts, after market modifications, etc, I'll wave. I've noticed guys looking at mine, even though its modifications aren't visible at this point.

Brand new JK's? No, I'll let them wave first.

·
Super Moderator
23,782 Posts
now you want to talk about a vehicle waving cult you ought to try owning a 1986 cutlass calais, every tom dick and harry wants to wave at you.......talk about over the top. Man you can not even get one registered unless you swear under oath that you will wave at all other cutlass's you see no matter how rusty or dinged up they are.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.