Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Hacks off Parts while Lit
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for some reason, since ive got my engine back up and running, its running way too rich on the low rpm side. on the highway, its fine, but below 2000 rpms and its way rich. it wont start without the application of throttle and idles roughly. at one point when it wouldnt start, i unplugged the fuel injector and got it started like that (of course, it wouldnt run above 2500 rpms). one of the little holes in the throat of the TB was weeping fuel while it was running. could this be related to the new TPS or do u think debris entered the TB while it was off? any ideas welcome.....

·
Administrator
12,630 Posts
02 senor perhaps? although with fuel running out of holes that's a long shot. I would go and re-check the TPS and make sure it looks right. Other than not sure what to tell you.. look for anything that might not be hooked up. Good luck.

·
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
O2 is good (well....new at least). the TPS looked right. Is there any adjustment on those?

·
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, the TB hole thats emitting fuel is the one nearest to the fuel inlet.....anyone have info as to where this leads. i dont think gas should come out of it....so that makes me kinda think maybe it got some debris in there?

·
Administrator
12,630 Posts
i guess take it off and see if you find anything. The drawings I have only show the MAP in that same area.. think that might be part of it?

·
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i believe its the fuel pressure regulator and the diaphram is ruptured :mad:

i hoping like hell i can find it locally tomorrow or im screwed since im sposed to head to the coast with it....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts