Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Full Size Jeep Dr.
3,432 Posts
I haven't, but if I see it I'll give it a try. I've got some mods coming up that will require some penetrating oil.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I'm a big fan of Kroil as well. but as I walk by and see it on the shelf, passing up the chance to try a new product is hard. I was hoping there were some videos or something on their website to help sell me. But I guess its gonna have to end with me finally grabbing a can and seeing what it can do.

·
Full Size Jeep Dr.
3,432 Posts
I've never tried Kroil, so I've ordered some today. I'll get to see how it works compared to PB Blaster over the next several days.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Yeah, I have a couple cans of PB blaster on the shelf and it does pretty well. I'd give Kroil a shot next time I need a can.

·
Premium Member
4,954 Posts
WD Won't and Don't. Never had any luck with the original. Maybe the new stuff is better but I will never know first hand unless it is given to me.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I read on another forum of using acetone mixed with atf to dissolve rust. People claim it works better than what you can buy in a store. I have never tried it.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Acetone+ATF is the best form of rust dissolver/fastener loosener, but unfortunately you have to mix it yourself. And then getting it into tight places becomes an issue since it doesn't conveniently spray out of a nozzle. :/

·
Registered
496 Posts
saw a list of the pounds of torque it took to remove rusted bolts with different penetrating oils. PB blaster was twice as many as Kroil and the acetone/atf mix was half of Kroil. you can look up Zoom Spout.they have an oil and a rust penetrator. dump it,make acetone/atf mix and put it in thier bottles. it has a little 12" thing that sticks out enabling you to reach hard to reach spots. i've been using Kroil for almost 10 yrs and i swear by that stuff.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts