Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no room in my garage to park my Jeep at night when I don't want to put my soft top back up, so I've been looking into purchasing a waterproof cover to help keep dew (and potentially rain) off the seats/carpet. Quadratec sells a Bestop All Weather cover as well as a Weathershield cover. Does anyone have any experience with these? I'm mainly concerned about dew/dust/pollen (if there was a chance of rain I would put the top back up), but I'm scared of scratching up my paint. The Weathershield one says scratch resistant, but the cheaper Bestop one does not. Would I be better off just buying a tarp and some bungee cords? Any insight would be appreciated.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I don't have experience with a Jeep cover, but I can tell you that "water proof boat covers" are water proof for about one good rain...after that, they leak.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'm in the same boat, I have been reading good reviews about the Rampage cab cover. I am ordering one tonight on amazon for 38 bucks shipped. I will not be using it for rain, just to keep the dew, bird crap and animals out at night.

If the company that made my boat cover made a cover for jeeps I would buy it it in a heartbeat. In the elements 24/7 for the last 6 years and not a drop of water gets through.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, like I said, if there was a substantial chance of rain I would put the top back up. But the dew and bird crap are my primary concerns. :)

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts