Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey,
I've been looking for information on full covers and didn't find much for Jeeps with aftermarket parts, 33" wheels extended flare.... stuff like that.

I took a chance and ordered a WeatherShield HD. First impressions.... it's well made, nice and light and plenty of room for aftermarket stuff except for my front bumper/brush guard. It could fit over the front guard, but it was a little too tight for my liking. It does cover my winch which makes me very happy. It comes with a cable lock and an antenna grommet that you need to place yourself. I just unscrewed my radio antenna for now... rather than cutting a hole in the cover. These covers have great reviews... Haven't had it rain yet, but it'll keep the wet leaves and other crap off. It can also be cleaned in the washer and dryer. I Hope it hold up over time.

Just for the record I have 98 TJ with 33" tires, 7" flares, Smitty front and rear bumper with the tire carrier.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, no complaints here. The fit is great.
We're gonna get hit by Sandy pretty hard.... directly even, so I strapped a couple bungee cords across the hood just to be safe.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I got one of these a couple of weeks ago, agree it seems to be made pretty well - haven't had any major weather yet, mostly it's just protecting my Jeep from sap. I did cut the hole for the radio antenna, wasn't quite exactly where it needed to be but it's working for me. Main complaint is it's just freaking enormous in Unlimited form, but that's not really the cover's fault. Haven't found a great place to store it yet particularly when dirty and wet, probably going to buy a rubbermaid container or something like that.

·
Registered
251 Posts
i'm too lazy to take my top off and put it back on, i leave it off whenever i can...is your top off underneath the cover?

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I'd be worried about more than leaves and some water with Sandy. Those trees next to your driveway look like they could be an issue if the wind seriously picks up.

BE CAREFUL!!!!!

But I do like the cover! The cover I have only covers the cab portion. A full cover would be nice. How long did it take to install?

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Hopefully, if they go, they fall away from my Jeep…. and my house.

It took less than 5 minutes to throw it on. 2 minutes to remove my antenna.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts