Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Jeepers, I'm new here and was hoping you guys could help me out. I have a 1990 YJ with the 4.2, and it has a weber carb that sticks a little bit. I've tried wd/40 PB blaster grease everything i could think of to get it to stop sticking with no luck. Has anyone else had this issue? It also seems like I can't get the linkage adjusted to open to full throttle. Any help there would be appreciated too. Thanks

·
Retired Moderator
103,601 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

·
Registered
1988 Jeep Wrangler Laredo Canyon Red
43 Posts
Hey Jeepers, I'm new here and was hoping you guys could help me out. I have a 1990 YJ with the 4.2, and it has a weber carb that sticks a little bit. I've tried wd/40 PB blaster grease everything i could think of to get it to stop sticking with no luck. Has anyone else had this issue? It also seems like I can't get the linkage adjusted to open to full throttle. Any help there would be appreciated too. Thanks
I'm wondering the same thing, give this a bump

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
4,735 Posts
Get a helper to man the pedal and check out the travel on the stock linkage rod to make sure that the adjustment allows for wide open throttle, and that it is not so long as to bind the weber linkage. Pop the clevis off the top so you can get a visual on the actual linkage travel.

Reactions: Grizzy67
1 - 4 of 4 Posts