Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking into upgrading my carb. I have been looking into weber but it seems some do not like em due to various reasons. Im just looking for some feedback on weber and maybe some suggestions on any other brands.
Thanks. :wavey:

·
that's what she said
16,481 Posts
weber is better than carter, but not by much. it seems like the best option (other than a TBI of FI swap) is the Motorcraft MC2100 swap. from what i understand, it is a fairly simple swap. i think Vaultzz did this swap recently, shoot him a pm if you have questions.

also, here is a rally good write-up file on how it is done.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Jgano23, ill check it out.
Appreciate the reply!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
anyone have any sort of feedback on EMPI Carburetors?

Thanks guys :wavey:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have installed three webber crabs so far. Very easy. Very good performance. And easy to adjust and rebuild. I had the 38/38 on my old CJ. It was a 400 cfm. I also have an intake for a four barrel carb. Carter sucks.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
harleytj said:
I have installed three webber crabs so far. Very easy. Very good performance. And easy to adjust and rebuild. I had the 38/38 on my old CJ. It was a 400 cfm. I also have an intake for a four barrel carb. Carter sucks.
Yea, did you have any problems with the weber idleing hard and stalling out fequently or any such problems?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright well let me ask another question. I am new (but getting into working on my jeep) so do i need to buy a fuel pressure regulator for any type of carb. like weber or such?

·
Aka Vaultzz
5,624 Posts
weber is better than carter, but not by much. it seems like the best option (other than a TBI of FI swap) is the Motorcraft MC2100 swap. from what i understand, it is a fairly simple swap. i think Vaultzz did this swap recently, shoot him a pm if you have questions.

also, here is a rally good write-up file on how it is done.
Uhhhh...yea....I haven't really gotten around to that yet :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I figured it was an ignorant question, but it don't hurt to ask amd learn...

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Vaultzz, ive glanced at a few sites and have seen several regulators and many for a 91 and up. I have 90 wrangler. There anyway you can point me in the right direction to purchasing the right and worthy regulator?
I appreciate all the hassle and help man!

·
Aka Vaultzz
5,624 Posts

·
that's what she said
16,481 Posts
YJjeep said:
anyone have any sort of feedback on EMPI Carburetors?

Thanks guys :wavey:
NO! Take you $300 and flush it down the toilet. It was by far the worst thing I've ever out on my jeep. It was worse than the carter.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts