Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how much the doors weigh on a 2017 4 door? I assume the front two doors weigh more than the back. Just was curious because I am trying to hang them. Thanks

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Does anyone know how much the doors weigh on a 2017 4 door? I assume the front two doors weigh more than the back. Just was curious because I am trying to hang them. Thanks
Never weighed them but they feel pretty light, maybe 80lbs each. I hang the front over the rears so can't really say much about difference in weight since I just carry the rears and don't lift them but they are fairly close in weight.

·
Registered
22 Posts
from another user that posted awhile ago, the fronts were 62.2lbs and rear were 46.4lbs. Credit to user Kslatton for the info. His jeep is a 2012 unlimited, not sure theres much difference in weight for a 2017 give/take a couple lbs.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I would assume that this is the weight for the suburban mall crawlers with power windows?

·
GOT DOORS?
568 Posts
Yup 62 pounds for the front each. Mine are off most of the time for weight reduction. Seriously, I feel more pep when I drive without my doors. I have a 2 door. :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
How about the weight on doors with no power locks or windows? I could not find that stat.
Thanks
Can't be more than a pound or two difference between the two. Lock actuator is tiny and the power window motor isn't big either. For arguments sake say +5 lbs.

Reactions: imhstry

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
How about the weight on doors with no power locks or windows? I could not find that stat.
Thanks
It's probably a wash since the electric motor and wires are replaced with a mechanical regulator and linkage. I doubt there's more than a pound or two difference.

Reactions: imhstry

·
Super Moderator
2,775 Posts
from another user that posted awhile ago, the fronts were 62.2lbs and rear were 46.4lbs. Credit to user Kslatton for the info. His jeep is a 2012 unlimited, not sure theres much difference in weight for a 2017 give/take a couple lbs.

This is is accurate. Looked it up not too long ago, and Just took mine off again. The fronts are over my weight limit... 60+ so I get a little help. The rear doors are light. First time off they stuck though. Replaced the Inserts with Delrin Inserts from TMR. Very smooth. Also, the doors weigh the same for Jeeps with power windows that go off-road, also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
39 Posts

Perfect - just the info I was looking for ... love this forum as a resource.

:iamhappy:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts