Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 yj, it bangs out of know were it doesnt matter what gear its in or what rpm its at. sometimes it wont do it for 2-3 days and then all of a sudden it will just start doing it everyother minute, i put it on a lift and went threw all the gears off the ground and then i put in 4x4 and did the same and then 4L and did the same and it didnt do it once. it only does it under load. i also jacked the rear wheels up and spun the wheels by hand and there wasnt any grinding or anything at all. i have checked all the fluids and everything and its all good. please help if you have any clue what this might be, and how i can fix it. thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
The only thing that cmes to mind is the ring gear has smething that gets in it sometimes.. my jeep did it and it would bang loud. Then nothing. For days. Hit a bump and bang again. Check ur gears.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I agree although your description is very vague the only thing popping into my mind at the moment would be a differential cross pin walking into the pinion gear so pull the diff covers and have a look

1 - 3 of 3 Posts