Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started noticing yesterday that my right blinker periodically blinks at double speed compared to the left one, which is normal. When I turn the engine off and back on, it's normal speed again. It has happened twice since yesterday. Any ideas what could be wrong and how much of a concern it is? Had my JK in for warranty work (radiator) last week and put the tune back to stock with my flashpaq but I have done this in the past with no issues. Coincidence?

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Let me guess, you replaced you tail lights with LED's right? It will happen from time to time then go back to normal.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me guess, you replaced you tail lights with LED's right? It will happen from time to time then go back to normal.
Nope. Stock tail lights.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
That happens with some JK's at times. It could just be a temporary glitch since it corrects itself when you cycle the ignition. If it continues you can try a battery disconnect for a minute or two and see if that takes care of it.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
If it keeps happening, replace the bulb on the intermittent side.

·
Registered
12 Posts
When my dealer removed my radiator they disconected my blinker lights and never reconnected the left side so it blinked super speed. Maybe you blinker is not tightly connected .

·
Premium Member
6,897 Posts
I started noticing yesterday that my right blinker periodically blinks at double speed compared to the left one, which is normal.
The next time it acts up, leave it blinking and get out if you can do so and observe if the right front is not blinking or the right rear. Replace the bulb that is not blinking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts