Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, so last week it started getting colder outside, and when went to work I looked under my jeep and the coolant was leaking like a steady drip, so I just went home and when I got home no leak, so I discovered it only leaks in the morning or I guess when its cold out but when it gets warm its ok any suggestions I'm at a loss.. its never over heated on me the temp gauge looks fine

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
If its coming from where the motor meets the water pump then its your pump most likely. I did mine earlier this year, replaced the hoses, thermostat and termostat housing while I was at it. Pretty easy to replace yourself

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cause I put some like stop a leak stuff in yesterday and I don't think it went through the system yet but it seems to be less coolant then usual

·
Registered
522 Posts
Vehicles sometimes do this when the weather gets colder out.
You should tighten up the hoses,because they contract while being cold.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Yes it only leaked sometimes at first. I live in the tropics so cold wasn't a factor but it slowly leaked more then before I could get to it it dumped on my driveway!

How many miles do you have? Has the water pump ever been replaced?

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
It looks like where the motor and tranny meet.. maybe water pump? Idk tubes?
If your saying its from between the engine & trans then I bet its a freeze plug.I just had to do mine!

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
That's a long way from the water pump. More likely a freeze plug, or head gasket in that area.
Im a bit confused as to why a w/p is mentioned as the leak when the leak is coming from the other end of the engine.Did I miss something?Just asking.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I took it to a shop and that's what they said, and that's what they said and its also kinda wet around it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts